Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure randomizing supply tiles has been tried a number of times, if only because people have often thought that was the correct rule. I don't think it would break anything, per se, but it would prevent you from planning ahead as carefully (knowing when that interest payment is due is pretty important early on) and add a bit more chaos/luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cferejohn wrote:
I'm pretty sure randomizing supply tiles has been tried a number of times, if only because people have often thought that was the correct rule. I don't think it would break anything, per se, but it would prevent you from planning ahead as carefully (knowing when that interest payment is due is pretty important early on) and add a bit more chaos/luck.

LOL! I just played this weekend (for the 6th time) and just discovered the rule that you do NOT randomize each round. Yep, I was one of them you note.

Ahhhhh! Made it much easier to plan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The planning is also important if you are hoping to grab 2 Iron or Cattle at once. Knowing when the various Offer spaces reach "critical mass" is often an important consideration in deciding when to take an offer space or hold out for a future action.

I might consider trying the bonus good for taking an Offer next to your Ship variant. We'll see if anyone in my group is willing to try it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.