Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Things get hairy for a high prestige US player when the Islamists have a WMD.

If you are lacking in 3 ops cards or specific anti-plot events, it seems like it is often better to deploy out of the country when multiple plots are played and deploy back in after they go off (possibly on a later turn when you have a better hand).

Do other people here find themselves running and then redeploying, rather than facing the possible prestige drop from a WMD, in a country where they have troops and plots?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Prizzi
United States
West Newton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Things definitely do get tense for the US when the Jihadists has WMDs. I've seen the deploy out to avoid a plot used once. Mainly I see (and do) an early use of a card for reserves in the round, especially if the US doesn't have a lot of 3's. Those reserve points can save your bacon when you need to alert a plot later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Brynen
Canada
Baie d'Urfé
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I've done that too, several times.

Rather than calling it "cutting and running", however, I prefer to use the term the Reagan Administration used to describe the Marines' withdrawal from Beirut in 1984: "redeployment offshore."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matias marce
Spain
bcn
catalonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Me too
It's a very good strategy but...

maybe not a good simulation action if you go out and in next round return!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.