Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
G'day guys,

I've been trying to track down the last four WW1 Series 3 planes that I need to complete my set (and then move onto Series 4 and the Balloons)

I am currently after:
WW13D
WW13J
WW13K
WW13L

I am open to trades or am happy to purchase if anyone has these planes for trade or sale.

Cheers,
Ben.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks mate

The shipping is the price of the planes again (around $34) but better than nothing. Other places shipping was clocking in at around $50-60, so this isn't too bad.

Cheers,
Ben.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going insane trying to track down the Albatross D.III (Brumowski) WW13D.

If someone knows where to get one or has one for sale or trade, please let me know and I'll snap it up.

Cheers,
Ben.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like "anything red" goes quickly in this series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hurp
United Kingdom
Aldershot
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love it .. 'SUPER RARE!' It's so rare they only made the same number of them as they made of all the other Series 3 planes.
Dying to see if anyone forks up the $125 for it ... they gunna be annoyed when they see it for $7.95 in the shops in a few months time.

Weren't you after this one last week, lsdsbomber? Did you manage to find it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch! Thanks again for the help, does anyone know when the reprint is due?
It doesn't seem like there's any hard information around (like a date or even a month).

Cheers,
Ben.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:
It looks like "anything red" goes quickly in this series.

What a coincidence. A red SPAD XIII was being considered for the reprints...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hurp
United Kingdom
Aldershot
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
angiolillo wrote:
What a coincidence. A red SPAD XIII was being considered for the reprints...

Angiolillo - you asked us not to ask questions as you didn't know anything yet. But....
When I look on FFG's site I see Series 1-3 as awaiting the printers, but you have been posting that it looks like there will be new paint jobs. I would have thought that if they are only awaiting the printers we could expect the new reprints in the next quarter or so. However, if there are new paint jobs, then wouldn't that need to go through the whole prototype/approval process and push out the re-print until later in the year (Q3 or Q4)?
(I ask because so many people are asking when the reprints are - persoanlly i have all I intend from 1-3 and am eagely awaiting Series 5)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the fact is that I am only at the start of the whole prototype/approval process that then goes on on its own. So I do not know where we are right now, it can be that we are ready for the printer as far as I know. I suggested some color schemes (as Lothar von Richthofen's Dr.I and D.VII - but only one of those two will be probably done, an all red French SPAD, a Naval Camel with gorgeous blue decorations...) but then the things go on without me.
Besides, the prototype/approval process is pretty long for new miniatures, starting with big models, then pantographed little prototypes, then unpainted pre-producytion samples, then painted prototypes. But if just a repaint is needed, only the last step is done and so the process is far quicker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So am I to understand that even though the miniatures are not collectible, the paintjobs on them are?

So will all reprints be with different paint schemes? Or will we see the same paint schemes reprinted??

Sorry for the questions, was just after some clarification (and if I'll ever be able to get my Brumowski Albatross in its original red colour?)

Cheers,
Ben.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hurp
United Kingdom
Aldershot
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Andrea, I appreciate the answer and understand that you're not managing each step of the process, and therefore are awating updates yourself from the different areas.
Lother's Fokker DrI? Hmm, that might drive me towards getting another DrI. How about Voss's? Or can't we rely on some poor person having to paint an accurate representation of the Kaiser on the front of each model
Boromir_and_Kermit wrote:
So am I to understand that even though the miniatures are not collectible, the paintjobs on them are?
So will all reprints be with different paint schemes? Or will we see the same paint schemes reprinted??
Sorry for the questions, was just after some clarification (and if I'll ever be able to get my Brumowski Albatross in its original red colour?)

As I understand it (and i have to answer, as I've just opened the floodgates by asking Anfrea for more details), the paintjobs that do not sell as well will be replaced for the next run. Not all of them, just the ones you can still probably find sitting on the shelves in shops.
So if we take your example of the Brumowski Albatross, I would imagine we will not see that one being replaced, as it was the most popular version. If they decide to do a new Albatross D.III they will replace one of the others (or maybe both).

Regarding collectability .. it has been stated before that no part of the game should become collectably due to rarity, and i imagine this will extend to paintjobs (as it was a blanket decision). How this will affect future reprints after this one, I can't say, but i can guess. I imagine they will reprint whatever there is the most demand for, and replace those for which there is little demand. I.e.
Let's say the Fokker DrI currently has 3 paintjobs:
Initial run: A, B, C
A sells the best, and they are doing a reprint and decide to replace B or C with a new scheme D
Reprint 1: A, B, D
A and D sell well from this release, but B's are starting to stck up on the shelves. Let's replace that with E
Reprint 2: A, D, E
Time passes. Everyones got an A, they getting bored of it. However, a lot of people newer to the game are finding they can't find the C version anymore as it's been missed off the last 2 reprints
Reprint 3: C, D, E
So C is available again in the shops, but the A's been stopped because they were finding them still sitting on the shelves in shops.

Now, I'm not saying that is how they will be doing this, but I'm just guessing from what has been said in the past and the 'design philosophy' they have stated in the past.

(another lengthy post, and i still haven't asked if the 'AA-Gun/C-Deck' expansion is on the development list. I'm doing well)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the explanation mate. Whether official or not, it sounds like it makes perfect sense.

Cheers,
Ben.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fabs wrote:
As I understand it (and i have to answer, as I've just opened the floodgates by asking Anfrea for more details), the paintjobs that do not sell as well will be replaced for the next run. Not all of them, just the ones you can still probably find sitting on the shelves in shops.
So if we take your example of the Brumowski Albatross, I would imagine we will not see that one being replaced, as it was the most popular version. If they decide to do a new Albatross D.III they will replace one of the others (or maybe both).

You understood perfectly!

The only thing I do not know is if the discontinued miniatures will be reprinted in the future or not. Probably it is not even a decision taken, now. If not, it would be the first time that a game element is discontinued since the start of this game in early 2004. But with a growing range and years of history, this could happen sooner or later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith U.
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Replacing some of the paint jobs in the Series has some interesting implications on the current miniatures.

There is a whole series of polls over at Wings of War Aerodrome on which planes you would like to see replaced in favor of a new paint job. The results so far are very interesting as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hurp
United Kingdom
Aldershot
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
angiolillo wrote:
The only thing I do not know is if the discontinued miniatures will be reprinted in the future or not. Probably it is not even a decision taken, now. If not, it would be the first time that a game element is discontinued since the start of this game in early 2004. But with a growing range and years of history, this could happen sooner or later.

I didn't mean to put words into your mouth, it's just how I guess the route you'd follow from the precedences set so far. As you (develops and publishers) have taken the choice already that you don't wish to protect the secondary market (compared to, say, Magic: the Gathering, who had a policy to never reprint items that had a high secondary market value), then your buisness model is to sell items for which there is a high demand. If you cease to print a particular version, and a year down the line there is a high demand for it, it is in your interests to cycle it back into the next re-print. Especially seeing as all the design work has been completed and no re-tooling is required.

Let's just say I'd be surprised if you ever made a policy point to not reprint a certain version

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it could be a marketing policy. So if people would grow the idea that something could be put out of production forever, maybe it would buy the first print run far more quickly each time, for fear of never having the chance to buy it again.
Just abstract thinking. From the very first decision ("let's do it as a non collectable game") WoW had a quite user-friendly marketing I think, at least as much as it was possible for a not so big company as Nexus/NG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Westgard
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing how much these rare planes are going for, I decided to put my duplicate RED BARON up on Ebay today...It's nice to know THAT one will be reprinted. Hopefully it will finance buying the reprint AND a few more!

Once in a while you can get a "LOT" of several planes on Ebay for a reasonable price, thats how I filled out series 1, and a couple for series 2. You have to get lucky I guess.

I'm still trying to get a complete set too, and the series 3 Albatrosses are a real pain to find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.