Shannon T
Australia
Peakhurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just had my first opportunity to play Death Angel, and although I lost my first two games, I was loving it so much I had to post about something I thought was pretty cool.

In my second game I had the red, blue and yellow teams. The formation made it out of the Void Lock for the loss of only (yellow) Brother Goriel.

The formation then travelled to the Black Holds with a couple af Genestealers hanging on. They managed to avoid those for a turn but then discovered that They're Everywhere (spawn 1 Genestealer next to any SM not engaged). Next turn both red team and blue team were slain, leaving Brother Claudio to face the inevitable - a swarm of 10 Genestealers behind him, as well as a Gun Jam (cannot choose attack next turn).

However, Brother Claudio saw something in the Black Holds that made him (me) grin - the Promethium Tank!devil (AND I was able to choose Move + Activate!!laugh)

Brother Claudio was able to ignite the tank and ducked for cover as the blast wiped out all 10 Genestealers, and somehow survived.

He then travelled to the Wrath of Baal Chapel, where he was promptly taken down by the Genestealers lurking there.

So despite losing 4 Marines in a single round, and barely making it through to the third location of four. All I can think about is how cool it was to take out the 10 Genestealers with the Promethium Tank! Can't wait to play again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Boivin
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Death Angel can be really cool for that, bite-sized, fast-paced game with lots of narrative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
Italy
Muggiò
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn Promethium Tank, it always blows up in my (Marine's) face! angry

At least, it's taking them with him...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave D
msg tools
Bite-sized
I inevitably agonize over every player action round, because there are too many possibilities, which are too hard to evaluate against each other, such that my games take close to an hour if I don't die right away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
United States
Slippery Rock
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
:l
mbmb
kurahoshi wrote:
Bite-sized
I inevitably agonize over every player action round, because there are too many possibilities, which are too hard to evaluate against each other, such that my games take close to an hour if I don't die right away.

I have this illness as well... Sometimes my solo games take a reeeeally long time. Then again, it is an awesome game, so I don't mind it that much...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.