United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
In Stereo
badge
I pwnz j00!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like the solo play will work great. I am glad, as I will most likely only be playing solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cédric Rothacher
Switzerland
Langenthal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I can not imagine FFG saying Soplo-Play is dull
I hope this game will be a blast, solo and co-op. If so, they'll never get rid of medevil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swain Voorman
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great! I'm excited to hear how the game is received once it hits the shores!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zoran
United Kingdom
London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So it can be played solo as either 1-player or playing two decks as in a 2-player game. Sounds good, I suppose when you want 'more game' you can play two decks. I'll be trying both ways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So with multiplayer games, each deck (player) will only consist of 1 sphere?

Makes sense.

I guess the Hero selection then is more about "do I want a guy for the resources he generates or for his abilities?" Obviously you'll need at least 1 from your sphere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you only play with one core set, single sphere decks (four of them) is what you have. They recommend two players per core set to make the decks more interesting and give the players more options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gabriel Soo
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I hope the lag time between FFG official release of the game and it's arrival at asian shores (singapore specifically) will not be too great!! been keenly anticipating this game!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just re-read this:

Quote:
Another way to enjoy The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game solo is by controlling multiple decks to learn how each sphere of influence interacts with each other.

Which makes it sound like you are running the game as 2 players.

And this:

Quote:
Since decks can contain any combination of cards, trying each sphere out and seeing how they play off others is a good way to determine which spheres would make up your ideal deck.

Which brings me back to confusion as far as how the deck-building goes. Sounds like each deck could have up to 3 different spheres in it, since you can have up to 3 different heroes.

Ugh, just need the rules already!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Adlington
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Allies might also generate resources.

So if an ally could generate resources to another sphere your initial heroes don't have access to your could play all 4 spheres.

I don't recommend this however

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Elias
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Troymk1 wrote:
Allies might also generate resources.

So if an ally could generate resources to another sphere your initial heroes don't have access to your could play all 4 spheres.

I don't recommend this however

Allies don't generate resources, only heroes.

@Kevin Warrender: It looks like the ideal number for a deck (if you're playing solo) is two spheres.(Same as Call of Cthulhu) But you can have 1-3 spheres in your deck determined by which heroes you pick.

To all: read the French previews if you're still confused about stuff, they clear almost everything up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jürgen Duvendack
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Theoretically, a 4 sphere deck could be possible. There is an attachement that will give Aragorn an additional sphere, so you could have ressources for all spheres.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.