Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Huet
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
Greetings All,

I possess the original game but neither of the sequels. I understand I do not NEED the others to play. But are they worth it? Glory II is out of print (no idea how much a playable copy goes for) and I assume harder to acquire.

I also ask if both Glory II and III are necessary to play Glory I with latest rules? Is it possible to get by with just Glory III?

Should I even bother and just play with the original rules?

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lavoie
United States
Nashua
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ideally, if you want to play the Glory battles with the Third Edition rules from Glory III, you would need a copy of Glory II: Across the Rappahannock for the replacement artillery counters and charts. Glory III does have the information you need to adjust the artillery strengths, so you could indeed play the original game's scenarios with the new rules if you don't mind making the adjustments either in your head or on a sheet of paper, perhaps (you could even mark up the counters, I suppose). On the other hand, the original game plays perfectly fine as is.

The main reason, as far as I am concerned, to buy Glory III is for the battles. Antietam and Cedar Creek are presented in a good playable format, although the McClellan rules needed to balance Antietam can be a pain (the rules allow you to dispense with the restrictions that they place upon the Union player, adjusting the victory conditions accordingly). Glory II: Across the Rappahannock is rather less interesting to me, but still worth picking up if you can find it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Huet
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
Thank you for your response. I think I may play it as is and see how it goes.

If I can get it on the table, I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.