Popular Tags: [View All]
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Training field technicians at trade school level
badge
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it."
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks like a very interesting game! I've been reading a lot about it in the last few weeks. Now I'm wondering about 1 thing, perhaps someone can help me?

I see there are in total 31 Wanderlust tiles, yet there's 7 different habitats. That must mean the habitats are not distributed equally over the available tiles. Are the habitats that score more VP's in minority?

What's the exact number of Deserts, Jungles, Forests, etc.?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it."
mbmbmbmbmb
I apologize, I should have looked in the forums first.
The answer is here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/619772/hex-tile-distribution

EDIT: it seems there is still some confusion, read on....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiet wrote:
This looks like a very interesting game! I've been reading a lot about it in the last few weeks. Now I'm wondering about 1 thing, perhaps someone can help me?

I see there are in total 31 Wanderlust tiles, yet there's 7 different habitats. That must mean the habitats are not distributed equally over the available tiles. Are the habitats that score more VP's in minority?

What's the exact number of Deserts, Jungles, Forests, etc.?

7 of those tiles are laid out in the initial board setup, leaving 24 (8 per stack). Tundra is a habitat represented by a different type of hex tile (it covers existing terrain, neutralizing its scoring value), so you have 6 terrain types, 4 of each in the remaining 24 Wanderlust tiles.

As far as scoring goes, the wetter tiles (Sea/Wetlands) score more points, so Amphibians have the early advantage by being super-adapted to water elements. This is their special power - excellent starting position. Of course, whatever elements come up in Abundance and Wanderlust will ultimately steer which animals will have an easier time and which won't (causing the opponents to try and force the comfortable elements on less valuable tiles, and grooming the Sea/Wetlands for their specific needs).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bhz1 wrote:
7 of those tiles are laid out in the initial board setup, leaving 24 (8 per stack). Tundra is a habitat represented by a different type of hex tile (it covers existing terrain, neutralizing its scoring value), so you have 6 terrain types, 4 of each in the remaining 24 Wanderlust tiles.

Oh? In the thread I mentioned in the link they're talking about a different breakdown. It says 4 of each in Mountain, Desert, Forest, Jungle, Savannah and Wetland, and 7 Sea tiles! Taking the starting setup out of these leaves 6 Sea tiles and 3 of each of the others in the Wanderlust stack. This would make the game wholly different, since the highest scoring tiles (Sea) are more common!

So, which is correct? Can someone who owns the game count their tiles please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whaha I keep answering all my own questions. The answer, by the designer himself I might add, is in this thread here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/605532/terrain-tile-mix

12 Tundra, 7 Sea, and 4 of each of the other habitats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiet wrote:
Oh? In the thread I mentioned in the link they're talking about a different breakdown. It says 4 of each in Mountain, Desert, Forest, Jungle, Savannah and Wetland, and 7 Sea tiles! Taking the starting setup out of these leaves 6 Sea tiles and 3 of each of the others in the Wanderlust stack. This would make the game wholly different, since the highest scoring tiles (Sea) are more common!

That is correct. Zach must be confused, since there are 7 terrain types excluding tundra, not 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.