Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
You have to, at least from a distance, look as if you know what you're doing, and I can manage that.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,
in my Iraq 1991 I played the short length campaign.
The target was number 6 and it was Fixed so it´s supposed not to use the JDAIM, right?
Tha target also was Vehicle, so I only considered vehicles the targets: 2 S-60s, 3 Zu-23-4s, and 2 Zu-23-2s. Was I right doing this procedure?
When I got to the turn 4 I was in the center of the objective but I have only three aircrafts. I destroy 2 S-60s and 1 Zu-23-4. Then in turn 5 I only destroy 2 Zu-23-4s and 1 Zu-23-2s. I don´t understand how can I destroy so many targets (2 S-60s, 3 Zu-23-4s, and 2 Zu-23-2s), with 3 aircrafts, assuming that I do not miss any attack. And even so it remains one of the Zu´s. I add that in the center it also have 2 sites and 1 bandit in the data of the card.

Can someone give me a help?

I have present that I must done something wrong...

Thanks for your patient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Groot
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can not use JDAM for this target because the target is Fixed and it's 1991.

Vehicle only means that some weapons gain a bonus in targeting it. It does not change the selection of site counters.

The reason you only have 2 S-60s, 3 Zu-23-4s, and 2 Zu-23-2s as the objective is because of the Objective: part.

If there had been Vehicle but not Objective: it would've been a normal target (but with Vehicle hit bonus).

In addition to the objective counters, you place 1 site per Approach area, 2 Center sites, and 1 center bandit.

It is possible that you destroy many targets with only 3 planes, but without details on how you did it, I can't say if you did something wrong or not. Remember that almost all weapons can only be used to target one target per plane per turn (one airplane cannot attack different sites/bandit in the same turn, even with multiple weapons). Only weapons with an "I" in a black square (Independent) can be used to attack separate targets in the same turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
You have to, at least from a distance, look as if you know what you're doing, and I can manage that.
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn´t carry any Independed weapons.
I could attack with a plane more than a site or bandit, per turn, if I use the SA or the E-2C, correct?
I only carry, as weapons, ECM Pods, AIM-9´s (for the Bandit), rockets (to supress) and Mk.20´s, Nothing else.
I researched the rule book and I must say that the only Independent weapons are the GBU-31 JDAM, the GBU-32 JDAM and the GBU-38 JDAM, but I can´t use them because of the Fixed on the target. And I must only use AtG weapons.
How can I destroy this target 6? If I can´t use Independent weapons and only 3 aircrafts. My planes didn´t have SA and I didn´t take E-2C to the target. There are too many sites to destroy.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Groot
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Using situational awareness a plane could attack 2 separate targets in the same turn. One during the fast attack phase and one during the slow attack phase, expending a SA token. The E-2C can assign it's SA counters to other pilots, like the Flight Leader ability.

The AIM-120 is also an Independent weapon.

There are 7 sites to destroy. You have 3 planes x 5 turns = 15 opportunities to take a shot (without SA). You can carry AIM-120 missiles to take out bandits, which is an Independent weapon, leaving you more time to take on ground targets. Instead of carrying bombs with range 0, try carrying air-to-ground missiles with a greater range, so you can start shooting before you reach the center area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
António Vale
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mb
psicoserra wrote:
I researched the rule book and I must say that the only Independent weapons are the GBU-31 JDAM, the GBU-32 JDAM and the GBU-38 JDAM, but I can´t use them because of the Fixed on the target.

Just to clarify something, you can't use JDAMs because I think they're only available after 1999, and the Iraq campaign is in 1991. Regarding the fixed, it's actually the other way around: until 2008, you can only use JDAMs against fixed targets.

I had this switched too when I initially read the rules, but then I read that the reason is that originally they only had GPS guidance, which sorted things out for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.