Robert Searing
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Get cool game inserts at www.inserthere.me
mbmbmbmbmb
Suppose Brimstone is dead and you need to place a fire token and all 10 are placed...does the game end?

-Rob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Suppose Brimstone is dead and you need to place a fire token and all 10 are placed...does the game end?

Interesting question and this never occurred in play tests, nor have I witnessed it in games with the Dragons to date. After some thought my answer is No, the game does not end. If Brimstone is Dead he cannot move into Monarch City and if all 10 On Fire Tokens are on the board and you need to place one because of 3 Fire Elementals you would Taint the land instead. This increase of Taint tokens will most likely end the game quickly.

Thanks - Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Searing
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Get cool game inserts at www.inserthere.me
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply. It *almost* happened last night. We played with all the regular bosses - only using Brimstone from the expansion. What was hilarious is that I kept trying to chase him and would wind up having to land one space away due to not being able to spend two actions to go in and have enough left over to attack minions. He would then fly away after my turn. We finally got him after having set about 5 places on fire - but then we would draw red minion cards frequently and wasn't able to keep up with putting the fires out.

Anyways..I can see where this wouldn't happen a lot - due to the fact that if Brimstone is dead, and fires are placed only by having 3 fire elementals - then you would technically run out of minions before the 10th token - however, if Brimstone did a lot of flying before being taken out (as he did in our game) then there'd be alot of tokens out in play to begin with.

Perhaps the fire elementals lose their strength once the boss is down and therefore can't set a location on fire (to go along with your comment).

Well - again, thanks for the answer - and for being available to stay on top of these forums and answer so many questions. This forum alone must keep you busy!

Sincerely,
Rob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.