Popular Tags: [View All]
Seth Gunar
United States
Ringwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
First, a confession.

I play HIS ("Here I Stand") at least 5 times a week on wargameroom.com. Given the way the interface has brilliantly been set up and programmed by Bruce Wigdor, a complete 3 player game lasts about 2 hours.

With 6 players (maybe only once a week - yes, I know, "the horror"), the game may last 4-5 hours. We mostly look for those on "multiplayer Saturdays."

To say we are filled with anticipation regarding the sequel would be a gross understatement.

We want the Virgin Queen!

(That didn't sound right.)

I beg your pardon.

When may we expect her highness to appear?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Gunar
United States
Ringwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cause ya know, after seeing those movies with Blanchett as Elizabeth, I am in love and wanna kick some Spanish keester.

arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
GameWhore wrote:

We want the Virgin Queen!

(That didn't sound right.)

Brought to mind ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Merchant
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am totally with you, and have no qualms about voicing my carnal desire for a boardgame.

Now, to take a look at the HIS interface at wargameroom.com....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Gunar
United States
Ringwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Damn, I am pathetic.

I have a crush on a wargame that does not even exist yet.

(DOnt parse that folks if you value your health)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
GameWhore wrote:
When may we expect her highness to appear?

As I posted in another thread....On P500 now!

Or you can go straight to GMT and order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
To the benefit of those who do not follow GMT on Facebook, here is their answer today to the question "is there any chance that virgin queen would see the light of day sooner?":

GMT Games wrote:
[T]he first open production slots we have are for Fall, 2011. If this order pace continues for VQ, it could certainly get one of those, as long as Ed and the final development team are happy that the final testing is complete by then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting the balance on a 6-player game just right takes time. Especially when the game is as good as this one will be!

Besides, the first 500 preorders were more or less automatic. I'd expect the pace to slow down from here on in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.