Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the text: "all members with the least number of offspring" mean to exclude members with no offspring? In other words, are no offspring the least number of offspring or is one?

We went round and round with this last night. It was almost a hoot.

robbage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Leong Yeo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the CZ deck and am eagerly waiting for it to be released in English alone.

Anyway, based on what you quoted, I would say it includes players with no offspring, i.e. zero offspring is the least number of offspring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, it's an issue of semantics, I think, that can be come down on either side with a valid case.

Wondering where Hanno or Uwe would weigh in on it.

robbage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde Erwin
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We met with the same problem and have not been able to find a clarification.

My take:

Technically zero offspring is the least number and so, as written, it means those with only their starting two people will get the free veggie.

BUT... The obvious spirit of the card is to give presents to the less fortunate children like 'ol St Nick would do; Not to childless families.

So if there is an argument, the weight of proof lay with the "zero" crowd. I am sure if Uwe ever addresses it that the veggie will go to the "one" crowd.

In our group we play it in the spirit of the card and award the veggies only to those with actual children. (after someone claimed to be a parent since they had children ... zero children)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.