Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Hoover
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Played a game at work on Monday with a coworker. It was the closest game I have ever played, not saying much as I'm new to the hobby, but still.

We played 3 rounds. The first round had me starting with a yellow investment card and 1 yellow 3. All my other cards were higher reds so I didn't want to start those.

So I lead with a yellow investment card. Brian leads with a blue investment card. I decide to start throwing down some mid sized whites. Then Brian throws down a yellow investment card. Uh oh. Needless to say he had a solid showing with yellow and managed to get me a -14. Luckily I was able to get 24 in red. 1st round: me = 22, Brian = 35.

Second round was very nice. Every time I drew I was getting cards I needed and could play rather quickly. Apparently Brian couldn't draw worth a darn. I end up with 46 points, Brian ends up with 8. Score: me = 68, Brian = 43.

Third round had Brian going aggressive. He laid down 3 blue investment cards, luckily greens were coming my way and I was able to lay down 2. He ends up getting 52 points in Blue + 20 bonus, while I get 42 points in green + 20 bonus. Final round tally has me with 71 and Brian with 86.

Game end score: Me = 139, Brian = 129

What made it even closer and more painful is that Brian mistimed the end, could have extended it but didn't, and was unable to play a card that would have put him ahead by 2! He was not happy!

Really enjoying this game. I need to get the Wife to the table, but after work and tending to our 22 month old, seems we are too tired to do anything but watch a little T.V. and then hit the sack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Weed
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
how sweet the sound...
badge
Fear The Hat !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the time frame of the game best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Sieradzki
Poland
Opole
flag msg tools
badge
We don't stop playing when we get old, but we get old when we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you guys directors of a board or you had to hide from supervision?
Wife...my wife beats my in Lost Cities quite often. At home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hoover
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
LOL! Nothing like that. I'm a firefighter so we have some downtime between runs and stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Sieradzki
Poland
Opole
flag msg tools
badge
We don't stop playing when we get old, but we get old when we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, "Backdraft"..,(joking).
wait! I saw a game called Ablaze!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hoover
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cool! Added that one to my want trade list, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.