Kristine Anderson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE:
The BGG Game is now offered through the BGG Store (here) and the BGG Marketplace (here). It will no longer be offered through my Ebay listing.

Shipping rates for The BoardGameGeek Game are as follows in USD:

Quantity / USA Shipping / Canada Shipping / Int'l Shipping
1 Game = $35.00 plus 12.00 17.00 35.00
2 Games = $70.00 plus 14.00 31.00 54.00
3 Games = $105.00 plus 16.00 37.00 70.00
4 Games = $140.00 plus 18.00 42.00 85.00
5 Games = $175.00 plus 20.00 48.00 101.00
6 Games = $210.00 plus 22.00 54.00 117.00


This shipping charge will be IN ADDITION to the current shipping and handling rates for the promos.

Kristine
BGG Store



The BoardGameGeek Game (TBGGG) was published by R&D Games to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the BoardGameGeek website, the gaming community’s most indispensible database!

Ernie (the famous BoardGameGeek mascot) has gone on holiday to meet his English cousins and fellow geeks in the quaint Cotswold town of Boardway. In TBGGG players take on two roles:

Firstly, players represent one of the six game publishers: Eggertspiele, Hans im Glück, Queen, R&D, Treefrog or Ystari, supplying their company’s games to the games shops of Boardway. Geek Gold (GG) is earned for each game they sell. Secondly, each player has a team of three ‘dicey’ geeks who are trying to collect sets of games to meet their gaming group’s requirements. At the end of the game GG is awarded to record the player’s success in acquiring these games. The player accumulating the most GG is the winner.

TBGGG is a fast paced, tactical, fun game for 3 to 6 players (with ‘geeky English start player’ option), which takes around 60 to 75 minutes to play.



Happy Shopping,
Kristine
BGG Store
15 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Wood
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The BoardGameGeek Game - FINAL COPIES for sale
If only it was ranked higher...

devil

16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Heinrich
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Contact me to play a RPG forum game!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The BoardGameGeek Game - FINAL COPIES for sale
Roliander wrote:
If only it was ranked higher...

devil



You ought to read Drake's Flames review of the game...tells it like it is. Ouch! (Note: it is an Adult oriented review!)

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com/2010/12/punishment-game-rev...
22 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura, just Laura
United States
Silicon Valley
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The BoardGameGeek Game - FINAL COPIES for sale
I'm always trying to match the theme to the actual mechanics.

Since the publishers get points when the geeks take their games home, but the geeks don't spend anything to acquire the games, I've decided that the 6 stores aren't stores, but rather 6 game conventions.

The publishers are giving away their games at the conventions and they get points if geeks take them because they'll take them back to their game group and give the publisher free publicity.

Of course this occurred to me shortly after coming back from BGG.con with all those free games, including the BoardGameGeek game...
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The BoardGameGeek Game - FINAL COPIES for sale
Kristine wrote:
For those of you who don't have your very own copy of The BoardGameGeek Game, the FINAL remaining 140 copies of this game are available from my Ebay listing HERE or my BGG Marketplace listing HERE.

Kristine forgot the pricing...

It's US$35 + shipping (ebay tells me $12) but combined shipping of multiple copies is an option.

Got my copy already!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hughes
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The BoardGameGeek Game - FINAL COPIES for sale
LauraTheLabRabbit wrote:
...

The publishers are giving away their games at the conventions and they get points if geeks take them because they'll take them back to their game group and give the publisher free publicity.

...


This is a really helpful way to tie the mechanics to the theme! I'm using this interpretation next time my group teaches The BoardGameGeek Game.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Farrell
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The BoardGameGeek Game - FINAL COPIES for sale
I always thought the games in the BGG game were free because the geeks we're talking about don't have a budget, they just buy whatever's new and hot and worry about the cost later.

That was one of the endearing things about the BGG game's theme for me. It's extreme gaming collection - cost doesn't matter, underlying game quality doesn't matter, it's all about building the sets.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Farrell
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The BoardGameGeek Game - FINAL COPIES for sale
BTW, when explaining theme, mapping themes to mechanics is only the first-order way to think about theme. Ultimately, unless you're talking about gamer-geeks, mechanics don't matter. Decisions matter. In the BGG game, you are trying to collect sets of games. On the sellers' side, you try to figure out how to milk the collectors for as much cash as possible. On the buyers' side, you try to figure out how to complete your collection. You figure that out by showing up at the right game store at the right time before copies run out, sort of like the Essen experience. You don't worry about how much it costs.

I always liked the BGG game's theme.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The BoardGameGeek Game - FINAL COPIES for sale
The price should come down. It's selling for less new in the Marketplace.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The BoardGameGeek Game - FINAL COPIES for sale
heinrichsteven wrote:
Roliander wrote:
If only it was ranked higher...

devil



You ought to read Drake's Flames review of the game...tells it like it is. Ouch! (Note: it is an Adult oriented review!)

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com/2010/12/punishment-game-rev...


Also read the comments for it, a majority of the people agree with the review, it works, but its just boring as hell.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zé Mário
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The BoardGameGeek Game - FINAL COPIES for sale
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
Also read the comments for it, a majority of the people agree with the review, it works, but its just boring as hell.


What strikes me as funny is that this was surprising for some people. What did people expect from a game whose main selling point was "it's about our website and there's your avatar on the box, wohoo!"?
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The BoardGameGeek Game - FINAL COPIES for sale
Asur wrote:
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
Also read the comments for it, a majority of the people agree with the review, it works, but its just boring as hell.


What strikes me as funny is that this was surprising for some people. What did people expect from a game whose main selling point was "it's about our website and there's your avatar on the box, wohoo!"?


Yeah, they left mine off too
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zé Mário
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The BoardGameGeek Game - FINAL COPIES for sale
Guantanamo wrote:
Yeah, they left mine off too

Mine's there. The old one, anyway.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Walkingshaw
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The BoardGameGeek Game - FINAL COPIES for sale
cfarrell wrote:
BTW, when explaining theme, mapping themes to mechanics is only the first-order way to think about theme. Ultimately, unless you're talking about gamer-geeks, mechanics don't matter. Decisions matter. In the BGG game, you are trying to collect sets of games. On the sellers' side, you try to figure out how to milk the collectors for as much cash as possible. On the buyers' side, you try to figure out how to complete your collection. You figure that out by showing up at the right game store at the right time before copies run out, sort of like the Essen experience. You don't worry about how much it costs.

I always liked the BGG game's theme.


Chris, I think my rating correlation must be lower with you than any of my other GeekBuddies, but comments like this are what keep me coming back for more. While it seems I rarely agree with you on specific games, you constantly make me think about how I think about them. I'm a meta-thinker at heart, so (I think) I think that's pretty cool.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Muta
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The BoardGameGeek Game - FINAL COPIES for sale
There is no better feeling than supporting people that have done so much for the gaming industry.

We are happy to acquire a few copies and what you guys have done is absolutely astounding.

The money doesnt even matter, this company deserves the support from gamers.

Their website has brought board gaming to a whole new level.

thanks,

David

Board Game eXchange
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Love my girls!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Board Game Exchange wrote:
There is no better feeling than supporting people that have done so much for the gaming industry.

We are happy to acquire a few copies and what you guys have done is absolutely astounding.

The money doesnt even matter, this company deserves the support from gamers.

Their website has brought board gaming to a whole new level.

thanks,

David

Board Game eXchange


So where are your patron badges?
15 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Who? Me?
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jonnylawless wrote:
So where are your patron badges?


Different people support BGG in different ways. I'm happy that David and his group are choosing to support BGG by purchasing copies of this game. Any support is (and should be) welcome.

Thanks, David!
17 
 Thumb up
0.50
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I always thought the website was the game...
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.