tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Gonzalez
Mexico
Laredo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It could be risky but Ive heard of people who send the cash via mail to germany. Maybe its the best option if the seller doesnt accept Paypal. Send it well hidden though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tornadog wrote:
thats the problem he doesnt want to use paypal because of the fees, wish I could find someone in germany with paypal who can then send the money to this guy ...

The fees are likely 3% or so. Why don't you just offer to pay the fees and use paypal? A bank transfer will cost a lot more - $15 or so. It's insane to send cash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The currency conversion costs 2.5%. I would have to think 2.5% would be worth the security for both of you. I mean, it's just common sense these days to use paypal...the transfer is FREE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Korner
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Stop poking me! Ow! I mean it! That hurts!
mbmbmbmbmb
Paypal hasn't made nearly the inroads in Europe as it has in North America.

Reason? Bank transfers are free (or nearly so) and 100% secure over there. So why bother with PayPal, a third party that just siphons fees off of the person receiving the funds (seeing as how you pretty much have no choice but to have a premier account if you sell anything, since Credit Card payments can't be accepted otherwise)?

Hence it's tough. Unless the vendor has a friend with Paypal who's willing to act as a middleman, you may be out of luck. This is why I generally don't bid on German eBay items, no matter how tempting the price.

Adamspielt has service second to none and accepts Credit Cards, and PlayMe accepts PayPal (although their customer service is...erratic). No use to you if you're buying something OOP, but otherwise well worth it, IMHO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
You may want to try this site:

https://www.xe.com/fx/how.htm

They have a foreign currency payment system that I have used in the past and it works well. I have used them to do electronic fund transfers from my account to foreign accounts and the transactions have completed without any problems.

Money can be sent from and to a Canadian or American bank account by Wire -with a fee,EFT -no fee, and sent to an address by Draft(mail)-no fee.

To an address in Germany the money can be sent by draft(mail)-no fee or can be sent by wire transfer- with a fee.
They state that they are looking to add other countries to the EFT system which would be great...no-fee EFT transactions from accounts in one country to another would be the optimal scenario.

They make their money on the currency exchange which is at decent rates.

All that said...I don't know of any way to send a transfer to a German bank account directly that would have no fee incurred on the transaction.

I would agree that sending cash through the mail is bad idea. I'd always use a draft instead...it's safer and just as fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Sandall
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done cash in an envelope twice - once was $40 and once was $25. No problem. Of course those were amounts that I was willing to take a risk with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.