Kyle
United States
Lincoln
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Are the Adventure Treasure cards to be shuffled into the Treasure card deck and used in all scenarios? Or are the Adventure Treasure cards only to be used if a scenario specifies so?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they are adventure-specific, Kyle. That is how I've played, and it makes sense.

Yet another rule that CR fails to tell us about! I do wish they'd made a better fist of it, with the rules. For a simple enough game, they seem to have excelled with failing to set the story straight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Lincoln
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
That's what I thought. They have a different backing, which can be a tremendous clue about how 'valuable' the next card might be. I've only read a few scenarios and it didn't seem clear to me. So the first scenario, Escape the Tomb, the only one I've played through, uses 0 Adventure Treasure cards. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly - and I spoil nothing to mention, that you have to pull a card out of the AT deck specifically, for scenario 2 - which confirms the position, I think.

Still, your question was fair, and like many here, would be unnecessary had the rules been a bit more "complete". /rant off
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Lincoln
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Beloch wrote:
Exactly - and I spoil nothing to mention, that you have to pull a card out of the AT deck specifically, for scenario 2 - which confirms the position, I think.

It certainly does. My first play through went fairly well. I made only 2 errors. I did shuffle the AT cards in with the T cards and I forgot that a single player cannot have the same monster in play at the same time. So in a solo scenario there's no way to have 2 of the same beastie on the board at the same time. I had 2 Burning skeletons in play. Oh well. I'm off for my second attempt at the scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
You were lucky!

In my 1st attempt, my son and I played scenario 2, and I misread the rules such that we activated EVERY monster, every turn. We got battered, needless to say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.