Subject: base game vs CM rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
I'm looking into this game--unfortunately neither amazon.com nor funagain.com (possible elsewhere) are out of stock--that leaves me with the CM as the only option. I know play value wise, CM is a better choice. But how much more complicated? I see it does have a game weight of 2.9 vs. the vanilla game of 2.6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Forrey
United States
Dallastown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually CM has better written and clearer rules. Crypt master is also better treated as the base game and the base game treated as more of an expansion. I would definetly say get CM and enjoy a very good game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
bearn wrote:
Actually CM has better written and clearer rules. Crypt master is also better treated as the base game and the base game treated as more of an expansion. I would definetly say get CM and enjoy a very good game.

yes I realize that. But how about complexity (with the inclusion of the overlord)? the base game takes 90 mins and CM takes 2 hours to play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Any game that doesn't have a Fireball spell and Magic Missle is missing something. You only get those spells in the original Tomb Game. So I'd say buy both.

You don't need to play with the Overlord or pariah characters if you don't want to. Both games combine neatly. In fact, if you leave the cards unsleeved you can fit both games into one of the boxes. I've done it and I can post pictures to prove it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
Or should I wait for Tomb of Iuchiban? But that's like still few months down the road.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Forrey
United States
Dallastown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CM doesn't add complexity to the game. All it does is give you more of what is already existing and helps clear up some of the basic rules of the game that some found confusing.

If anything the masters speed the game up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
And how is a solo game played differently? I searched the AEG website, the BGG Files--don't seem to find solo rules anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sids Creations
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also be interested in the solo rules....Can anyone help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
Original rules:
http://www.tombthegame.com/wp-content/uploads/Tomb_Rulebook
Solo battle variant:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/339463/solo-variant-battle-v...
From the look of it though, this game is much more complex than Thunderstone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.