Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Everton
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We managed to get six together for another Dune night. We had two new recruits, and the rest had played it 1-2 times each (myself included). I had agreed beforehand to play as BG, since they didn't seem very interesting in our first couple games.

The first turn ended up with the spice really accessible for the Fremen. They got it without a contest. There was a battle or two over a couple sietches. Somebody picked a fight (H?) with the Guild in Tuek's sietch, and the guild poured out their entire reserve there.

The second turn started with a worm. Because the Fremen had been the ones chasing the spice, they (three tokens) simply rode it to the Pasty Mesa. The Atreides and Guild allied, and the BG and Harkonnen allied. The Fremen and the Emperor (played by the two newbies) decided they'd better ally just to stay competetive. The spice then appeared at Oh Gap, just outside arakeen.

I (BG) had already moved a couple tokens into the imperial flats in an effort to take on either carthag or arakeen. (Probably Arakeen, since I'd predicted a Harkonnen victory, turn 6). Now that I was allied with Harkonnen, we plotted to take over Arakeen. Atreides was chasing the spice, so, we decided Harkonnens would storm Arakeen with troops from Carthag, and then when Atreides retook it in turn Three with the troops now in Oh Gap, I'd go in and take out what was left, leaving our side with control over all ornithopters.

It might've worked well, but the newbies had other plans. They used the Hajj card to double-move all the fremen reserves and then some from Sietch Tabr clear over to Carthag in one move. Also, the emperor shipped all his reserves into Tuek's sietch, to challenge the Guild there. THe emperor already controlled Habannya ridge, uncontested.

THe Atreides dialed everything at the battle in Arakeen, leading to an emptied city (it ended up being Voice vs. Prescience -- we weren't sure which went first, so we wrote both down and revealed at the same time). The Fremen scoured Carthag, and managed to leave a meager presense. The Emperor cleaned the guild out of Tuek's sietch. Yep, the newbies won, allied, in turn two. Guess this shows we all have a bit to learn about watching for what the last people in storm order might be able to do.

It was a fun game, and ended in only a couple of hours -- our shortest game yet! Better still, we've got a couple of enthusiastic new trainees -- I think we've got about 10-12 people who know how to play it now.

Afterwards, a couple had to go. The remaining 4 played a game of Knizia's Lord of the Rings, which also played through in 2 hours. It was a fun evening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.