Popular Tags: [View All]
Pierre-Luc Thiffault
Canada
St-Laurent
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After Pirate`s Cove, We tryed The Prince: The Struggle of House Borgia.

It was a game which I saw Paul had put on the display for our water theme of the day, though I fail to see how water is concerned in this game, but anyways, it doesn`t really matter.

From looking at the other choices on the display, (even though we had access to his other games, since we had at least played one game with the month`s theme, and played two, Santiago and Pirate`s Cove, The Prince: The Struggle of House Borgia had some interest, including mine to get on the table for a try.

So we setup the game and Paul started explaining. Except for him, no one played before. Daniel started as the pope.

This game was a bit harder to grasp the rules and the value of the different cards and their usefulness. Quite normal for a first game.

It wasn`t till the 2 round we had a better understanding of the game. Wasn`t clear at first learning which cards where good and which ones where average. Some cards are more useful than others. We didn`t quite understand who and why should be pope. I mean why someone else when you can vote for yourself? Do recall being pope gives you 10 points.

I would love to give you my view and opinion on the game in question, but its kinda hard when I don't fully understand what I was doing and why. I would need another play or two to have a more understand of the whole game in general and its strategies.

What I can tell you is that game last 3 rounds, each round we bid on 10 cards. Once 10 cards are gone its the end of the round. Most points wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre-Luc Thiffault
Canada
St-Laurent
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Session Report
dwarf (#479944),

The strategies in this game isn't easy to grasp. At least for me after one play. Maybe I didn't have my total focus, who knows.

I found that once the cards are protected by a city, and you got no mercernaire cards to attack other cities, there is not really something to do other than pass. I found it quite dull for that. Mercernaire cards were rare for me. My cities and cards which were underneath kept being taken, including the ones which the big 3 in the 3rd round.

Maybe someone could shed some light on the game in question for me to have a better understanding if ever this game hits the table anytime soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre-Luc Thiffault
Canada
St-Laurent
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Session Report
dwarf (#482395),

Also how much you bet for a particular card is important to. As I said some cards are more useful than others.

There are Holdings/cities, Artists, Outside families, Offices, and Action cards.

The mercernaires are condottieri cards. They are used to attack oppenents holdings/cities.

Condottieri's were the most useful I found.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.