Subject: Hasty Devense as Cover Terrain rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Moises Del Mar
Costa Rica
Quepos
flag msg tools
mb
I've seen a couple scenarios with hidden hasty defenses and I've also seen a couple scenarios with the Hidden Action card that could possibly be used to build hasty defenses on a hidden unit, so the question is this:

Does the hasty defense count as cover terrain> This would matter for the purposes of having to reveal the unit (and hasty defense) due to the proximity of enemy units. Any thoughts>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
I'm curious about the answer to this too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 19 under card desciption it says "...this unit is not subject to any type of detection test (5.5)

In section 5.5 it says "Action cards may be played on a players own hidden units. but doing so reveals them unless stated otherwise in the cards description."

This card I believe is exactly what this sentence is referring to. So ya I think you could build a hasty defense with this card and remain hidden because the card says the unit is not subject to a detection test.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moises Del Mar
Costa Rica
Quepos
flag msg tools
mb
hey jesse, thanks. i was just showing the possibility of a hidden unit having hasty defenses, cause it seems like everytime i ask a question, someone replies by asking how that situation is even possible.

now that we have a hidden unit with a hasty defense, say in open terrain, then does that hasty defense provide cover, meaning, will the hidden unit be revealed from two spaces away or does the opponent have to enter the same hex to reveal the hidden unit assuming that he is in open terrain, hidden, with a hasty defense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
On the reference chart hasty defense is referred to as "cover-YES", so I guess that means it is indeed cover "terrain".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moises Del Mar
Costa Rica
Quepos
flag msg tools
mb
thanks, i even looked for it there, but didn't see it. that solves the question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.