Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Acosta
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious to how many people log their games played on BGG. I just started this month. Very interesting, and hard to remember. After playing a game, my first thought isn't to jump on BGG to log the event.

As a side note, I had the most eventful uneventful day. Ive been working I think 6 days in a row, and I have to do I think 7 starting Tuesday, but Sunday-Monday are my days off right now and Im loving it. I rarely get two days in a row off. This morning I woke up mildly early, played some Backgammon online. One match I won by a final throw being doubles. If it weren't for doubles, my opponent would have won.
Then I went on to BGG to read up on the forums and the Geeklists and came across a link to CatanOnline. This got me excited, as Ive heard Settlers is an awesome game, and still havent had a chance to play. I downloaded it and ate up my free 60minute trial.
After that I got ready for the day and met a friend at a nearby park for some Backgammon. Afterwards I showed him CatanOnline and I showed him how the game worked. Then I went home, did some more research and found www.s3dconnector.net, and now Im insanely playing Settlers. It has me fixed.

Well that was my day. Did a bunch of gaming, and nothing productive. I haven't had a better day in quite some time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
I log all my face to face games and have done so since December 2003

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mitchell
United Kingdom
Enfield
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:
Apparently, 1459 people logged their games played in the month of January ... see Jeremy Avery's analysis here http://www.geocities.com/yahugaming/xtop25.html.

Most of my gaming is during a weekday evening, and it's now habit to record the game the next morning. Besides, I have my rating to enter or reconsider, and I often browse the articles etc. (ideally I'd be able to read up before playing the game, but I don't usually know what's going to be on the table beforehand).

Glad you had a nice day. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Chen
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Under "Statistics" on the left sidebar, click "Games Played" and check the games reported each month. You can see around 1500 people reporting their games.

I prefer to sort over Distinct Users to help balance repeated short games (e.g., M:tG) or obsessive players against longer games. The "Games Played" lists are a good way to find games that will actually get played, so I use them to help me decide which games I should purchase. We all have a few of those "great" games that don't actually see a lot of play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I log all my face to face games played, and have done so since June 1 2004. It is nice to have a history and at the end of the year you can click a button and find out how many times you played what games. Also, I consider it part of my "duty" to the community. Not that anyone cares specifically what I play, but as an aggregation of all, it is usefull and fun to know what we are all up to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I started logging in February....No online games. Amazing how fast they add up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I started to log my games in december 2004.I only count my face to face plays and average almost 30 plays a month.Probably if i logged all my internet and computer plays the totals would be probably 4 times higher.I keep it to logging only my face to face plays with other people as thats what boardgaming is all about,socializing.Also playing internet or online versions are usually alot quicker.So if you log internet plays as some do you totals will be much higher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Tavener
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
The overtext below is true.
badge
The overtext above is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep - I log all my face to face games.
Just under a year, and over 600 plays so far - yeehah!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom "Snicker Daddy" Pancoast
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just started recording games at the beginning of this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
I've logged my games played since October of 2003. There were many games played before that time, and for the few months preceding October, I would log some games and not others, but what's on the Geek since then is accurate.

I no longer log any games played online, or against a computer. For a while, I did, but only because my stats were SO LOW for a time, I was trying anything to bump them up.

Now that I think about it, I ought to go back and edit those games out of my profile....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, that's a Japanese CTR ring shield cut in half...
mbmbmbmbmb
I started logging my games played on Jan. 1
I was interested to see how many games I play in a year's time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been logging all face-to-face games since September of 2004 (when I got back into gaming in a big way).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've logged all of my face to face games since Jan/Feb 2004.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
badge
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
I've logged t for a while and I only log face-to-face games.

My big dilemma is whether I should log the games I play with my kids. They are twins who just turned four, and although they love to play games (including "Daddy's games"), we rarely play a full game or strictly by the rules (it's very freeform). However, as they get older, I'm sure many more "official" games will get played.

The thing is, since it's such a different sort of experience than my "adult" game playing (much like online gaming is a different sort of experience), it seems wrong to log the games with the kids and lump them in equally with my regular games. On the other hand, it would be useful for me (and probably the BGG parents out there) to know what children's games we are playing. Definitely not the most important thing to worry about and I'm going with inertia (not bothering to log them) for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I started logging my games F2F at the begining of Februrary... Just after I bought my first purchase thanks to my new found game knowledge from BGG. I am doing it both just to see how many games and what games I play but also so I can see what sort of cost/play I am getting out of the games I have recently purchased. (Since I started logging.) I have a private Geeklist where I am loging the games I have purchased and their prices then I can see if they have been a good return on entertainment investment.

I haven't played any online games so I don't know if I would log them or not. Probably not, but maybe if I payed for the ability to play I might.

I did play on game "Ark of the Covenant" with a solitare varient that was posted here on the geek, and I wasn't sure if I should log it since I didn't play the normal way, but I did anyway because I was still using the pieces and playing a game I couldn't have played otherwise, so it should count towards my cost/play total.

As soon as we finish a game session I can't wait to run up to my computer log on to BGG and log my games played. I try to do it as soon as possilbe so I don't forget. I also use that time to evaluate my rating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
I started in October 2004, and since I never play online, they are all FtF (or solitaire)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I log all my games played. The record is spotty prior to this January..but I think I've been pretty consistent since Jan 1st. (It was my Geek Resolution). I include all the playings with my 4 year old son. Most of the time we play by the rules, but sometimes it may be a variant where he I follow the rules and he gets to break them. He's getting much better at understanding and wanting to abide by the rules, though, (in games anyway).

I do include my online playings. I don't participate in BSW, so all my online games are of the email nature. Mostly Cyberboard with longer wargames, although it does include some T&E and a few other turn-based email systems. Since those contribute a small fraction of my total games, it seems consistent to include them. If I were cranking out a dozen BSW games a day, I'd probably leave those out....although it doesn't bother me if someone wants to include them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Taraba
United States
Lake in the Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I log my games for my own purposes. It helps me remember certain nights when I see what games I played that night. Also, I can see the number of times I've played certain games. Some are higher or lower than I've expected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing I have often wondered...

When I have a gaming night go past midnight... do I log those games as the day the gamenight started or do I log them on the actual day we played the game? I have tended (if I can remember) to log the game on the actual day it started, so if we start a game at 11:40 but don't finish until 1am then it will be logged as the start date. The down side to this.. is it makes the calendar view a little off from what I "remember". For example we played 4 games Friday Night and 1 game Saturday night... but I have it logged as 2 games Friday and 3 games Saturday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I log all of my games played, but not here on the geek. I have a little application that I wrote that I use. Not only does it log my games played, it also recaps the games, showing me which games I've played the most, which games I've got the most wins at, which game plays are the highest rated, and which game plays I've rated the lowest. Also it shows my winning percentage, and % of wins greater than that that would be predicted by random chance. It also generates a simple set of HTML games played logs, and uploads them to my website. Very fun to look at patterns, and generates monthly games played logs and yearly 5 and 10 lists for me. It's a bit crude looking, but I only made it for my own purposes, then made it available to the public.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise Holden
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like anything else it can get a bit obsessive; I've just got out of a few days in hospital and one of the first things I did was log in so that I could record the games we'd played when the family visited me before I forgot them!

Even so I know I've missed all sorts of plays at various times; there are games that don't show up at all that I've definitely played over the last couple of years. It's a fun record though even if not totally reliable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Robinson
England
Bewdley
Confusion
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's me being thick. I log my games on my own (Sad) little database. I don't even know where the "Games played" is on BGG. Where is it? I looked in my profile, in the section for each game and on the sidebar. I'm clearly missing it, where is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom "Snicker Daddy" Pancoast
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bluenose wrote:
I don't even know where the "Games played" is on BGG.

It's on each game's page. It's on the right side of the "Miscellaneous" section. Just enter (or select) the date, select the qty, and hit enter.

If you accidentally enter the wrong qty, you have to go to your games played list in your profile, delete that game on that date, and then re-record the play with the correct qty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Re:
I've logged all of my games played since March 2004 on BGG, which is when I started the long road to dispensing with my income at an aggravated pace. Since the beginning of the calendar year 2005, I have also started to keep a paper journal of games played, with a small writeup/session report each time. The paper version is nice because it gives a little more insight into each game because I mark the players, the final scores, and a little about the action. It also allows me to go back and have a look as to when the first time anyone played a game for the first time, as well as how they have done in the past in gaming sessions.

Additionally, since the notebook I am using for the paper journal was an unused day-by-day day planner for 2004, I'm trying to keep pace to average out to 1 game or more per day for 2005.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Pulles
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:
Since Dec. 2003, I have logged every game that I play at our local Club and our monthly Games Days as well as games that I play at home, although I'm sure I've missed a few. I do NOT log in any games that I have played on my computer, either stand alone or online, otherwise my BSW totals would rocket me past 6,000 games played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.