World War II: Barbarossa to Berlin» Forums » General

Subject: Mandated offensive question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do have one question:

If I do get a MO, I have to attack or occupy/control at least one space. Can I, e.g. in Africe, move one unit to an enemy controlled space, convert it by this move(control) and move back to my original space. Otherwise I have to strenghten my positions as the lines of defense getting a little bit streched out.

alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
Will play any game... especially for wine or espresso.
badge
An Australian in Africa.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Mandated offensive question
alexst (#480021),

That's a valid fulfillment of the MO. You have captured (converted ownership) of a space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
djlg (#480642),

Thanks Duncan.

That still seems to be a strange move to me.

alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Staggs
United States
Waxahachie
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
alexst (#480021),

It does seem strange if you just look at it in the game, but I try and think of it abstractly. That your units were "ordered" to take a position. Those units may not have wanted to do this, and it may have been more of hindrance in the overall operation, but many units were ordered to attack, especially the Germans in WWII. So I think it is a good representation of how Hitler would order units to do certain things, even though it may not have seemed the right strategic thing to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
Will play any game... especially for wine or espresso.
badge
An Australian in Africa.
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that:
a) The opponent allowed this easy option by not occupying a space that they controlled.
b) You can only do this once because now you own the space. Instead its available for your opponent to just walk into.

For it to always be an easy cop out, both players are going to have to work that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.