Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mattwran
United States
LONGMEADOW
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So a situation came up last night - does the presence of a forward depot make a space 'occupied' for the purposes of the armistice rule or do only forces count? The situation came up last night that during an armistice the French wanted to attack a Prussian force, but there was a British FD in the space along with the Prussian troops. Could the French attack or would the armistice prevent that?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob kalinowski
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt,

We had to make a ruling early on that FDs could violate the neutrality of a neutral if they were moved in independently of any sp.

By this precedent, I believe for consistency that FDs have to be counted as support personnel of that Power, so the Brit FD in the space should make it off limits to a French attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Al Williams
United States
Holyoke
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious as to whether you could provide any more explanation regarding the reasoning behind this.

For disclosure, I was the offending French player who moved into a space during armistice. Mote that the space itself was Prussian (Magdeberg), not British, but the British did have an FD under a stack of Prussians there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.