6 Posts

A Game of Thrones: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Two questions... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Iron James Rackham
msg tools
mbmbmb
...came up during our last joust session.

1) The Hound (PotS) has "After a character's STR is lowered, return The Hound to his owner's hand". Does "lowered" include losing STR bonuses, for example when Core set Melisandre kneels?

2) I have Quartheen Fanatic out (STR 2, Intrigue only, gets +1 and a Military icon while there is a Dragon character in play). I have another character who has a military icon, and who is equipped with Blood of the Dragon (While participating in a challenge, attached char gets +6 STR and gains the Dragon trait). Now, if the character with Blood of the Dragon kneels to attack or defend in a Military challenge, can I also kneel Quartheen Fanatic because he now has a Military icon? I'm thinking no, because I think all characters attacking or defending are declared at the exact same time, but I want to be sure.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) No, strength is only considered lowered when a -X modifier is applied to it.

2) Not sure on this one, the way you interpret it sounds correct but I don't think I've ever seen an actual ruling on something like that before and I'm not seeing any clarification in the FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iron James Rackham
msg tools
mbmbmb
Darksbane wrote:
2) Not sure on this one, the way you interpret it sounds correct but I don't think I've ever seen an actual ruling on something like that before and I'm not seeing any clarification in the FAQ.

No, I tried to find something in the FAQ too. I interpret both of these abilities (using the word "while") as constant abilities dependent on a variable. Is this correct? If so, the variables are constantly checked and immediately applied (FAQ page 8), but that still doesn't answer the question conclusively. If they were passive abilities the answer would be a definite no, because of the timing structure, but I don't think they fit the definition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Holloway
United Kingdom
Cambs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
but presumably you could defend with the fanatic against a military attack from a character with blood of the dragon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.