Cutthroat Caverns» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions on game flow, monsters and other topics rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Petr Dvorak
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Hallo,

CC seems like a great game but it´s sooo messy with regard to rules. So I have a few (maybe a bit stupid) questions (I haven´t found answers in other threads):

1. When precisely doeas the monster die? Let´s say it has 10 LP and I as player n. 2 (in 4 player game) hits it with a succesful 20 damage attack. Is the monster dead after my attack and the encounter immediately ends? Do we go then to the phase "At End of Encounter" ?

2. NECROMANCER - What happens if he is the first encounter? I suppose he does not himself get reshuffled?

3. HATE - It states that the player who dicarded the highest card is Player 1 for the first round. Does it mean that he is the target of HATE´s attack in the first round or is the target the player who draws initiative 1 at the second initiative draw at the end of the first round (as in case of other monsters)?

4. MEDUSA - Player who "may not attack next round" ... so he can´t even "set" an attack card? I supose he can play any action cards, right? And what about Mixed Signals? I suppose he can´t swap his nonexistent attack card with someone´s else attack card (unfortunately my friend tried to persuade us that it is possible, drawing on his experience with rules of MtG)

5. Human Shield - "Hold this card..." - what does that mean? Is it the same as "Play this card after you are damaged..."?

6. RIDDLE ROOM - It says if the words on icons on cards are exactly the same, you don´t take damage. What if the are no words, only numbers? Is it match (no word is the same as no word) or not?

Okey, that´s it for today. Thank for answers.

Petr

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Go download the new FAQ at Smirk & Dagger's website for your answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Dvorak
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Well I am sorry but there is only one answer in the FAQ, for my question n. 6 - RIDDLE ROOM. But thanks anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
satupeka wrote:

1. When precisely doeas the monster die? Let´s say it has 10 LP and I as player n. 2 (in 4 player game) hits it with a succesful 20 damage attack. Is the monster dead after my attack and the encounter immediately ends? Do we go then to the phase "At End of Encounter" ?

2. NECROMANCER - What happens if he is the first encounter? I suppose he does not himself get reshuffled?

3. HATE - It states that the player who dicarded the highest card is Player 1 for the first round. Does it mean that he is the target of HATE´s attack in the first round or is the target the player who draws initiative 1 at the second initiative draw at the end of the first round (as in case of other monsters)?

4. MEDUSA - Player who "may not attack next round" ... so he can´t even "set" an attack card? I supose he can play any action cards, right? And what about Mixed Signals? I suppose he can´t swap his nonexistent attack card with someone´s else attack card (unfortunately my friend tried to persuade us that it is possible, drawing on his experience with rules of MtG)

5. Human Shield - "Hold this card..." - what does that mean? Is it the same as "Play this card after you are damaged..."?

6. RIDDLE ROOM - It says if the words on icons on cards are exactly the same, you don´t take damage. What if the are no words, only numbers? Is it match (no word is the same as no word) or not?

Petr

From the creator:

Hi Petr. Thanks for the questions. Hope this helps clear things up...

1. As soon as lethal damage is successfully applied, the Encounter is over and the player who struck it claims the Prestige. All yet to be revealed 'Set' Attack cards are discarded.

2. Correct. No one has gained a kill until now - so the effect does not take place. He will not reshuffle himself into the deck.

3. A good question. That player gets the Player 1 Initiative card. The rest are drawn at random normally. And, as usual, the Initiative-based attack occurs on the NEXT Initiative draw. No one knows who will be hit.

4. A Player who may not attack in the next round, be that from Medusa or even from Trip, does not 'Set' an attack. In both cases, they may still play action cards. However, Mixed signals says that you may swap another player's face down card with your face down card. You don't have one - and may not play Mixed signals. (Using a different game's rules has no bearing)

5. Yes - and I suppose that would have been clearer to say.

6. It means the total content of text within the icon must match.
Attack 10 and Attack 10 (with Holy water in the main body of the card)(or a different character portrait on the bottom) are a Match. Attack 5 and Stab & Grab 5 are not.

-CC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Dvorak
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Thank you very much for these answers. Today we played two more games of CC and another fiery discussion occured among players:

1. You can swap attack cards with "MIXED SIGNALS". When you give to another player attack card that is the special card for their character, does the other player have to play the special protected attack (e.g. damage value 50) or can he choose to play it as a normal attack (e.g. damage value 25)? Or more generally, when do you decide whether you play normal or special attack - at the time when you "set" your card or when it is revealed at the begining of your combat turn?

Thank you for your reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
From the creator:

Good question.

Yes, this is covered in the rules. It is the use of the word 'may' that allows one to choose.

When you reveal an Attack card, you make any decisions regarding it at that time - and a player may always choose whether to use the protected attack or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.