Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
RAW
Quote:
Ten-Share Corporations that begin in Phase 5 receive an additional five times their Starting Value from the bank when their fifth share is sold and place their last five shares into the Pool at that time (without changing the Stock Price). In essence, they will receive 100% funding if at least five shares are sold prior to operation; otherwise, they will finish their funding in the stock round in which their fifth share is sold. They still commence operations on the sale of the President’s Certificate.

1) If the corporation is opened in a later phase (6 or 4D) does this apply?

2) If the 5th share isn't sold until a later stock round do they get their 100% funding?

3) If so, is it at par or the current market value?

I assume 1) Yes, 2) Yes, 3) Par

But I wasn't entirely sure -- the wording is uncharacteristically vague.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 100% funding for corporations openned in phase 5
CrankyPants wrote:
RAW
Quote:
Ten-Share Corporations that begin in Phase 5 receive an additional five times their Starting Value from the bank when their fifth share is sold and place their last five shares into the Pool at that time (without changing the Stock Price). In essence, they will receive 100% funding if at least five shares are sold prior to operation; otherwise, they will finish their funding in the stock round in which their fifth share is sold. They still commence operations on the sale of the President’s Certificate.

2) If the 5th share isn't sold until a later stock round do they get their 100% funding?

I believe you are correct that 1 = yes, 2 = yes (they get the funding when the 5th share is sold). As for 3, I don't believe NEB has par values?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
jrebelo wrote:
As for 3, I don't believe NEB has par values?
True, there's no par value set so would it be at Current Market? or do you have to remember the open price?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
CrankyPants wrote:
jrebelo wrote:
As for 3, I don't believe NEB has par values?
True, there's no par value set so would it be at Current Market? or do you have to remember the open price?

I would say it's current value. If there are no par values, then I don't believe there should ever be a case in the game where the initial market price should be relevant (otherwise the game rules are flawed IMO).

Shares in the company are issued and redeemed based on current value so I think it follows that the company receives current value at the time it receives that remaining capital. We'll probably hear a comment from Matt on this, but I'm pretty sure this is a safe assumption for you to make.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Campbell
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 100% funding for corporations opened in phase 5 (or later)
Ten-Share Corporations that begin in Phase 5 or later receive an additional five times their Starting Value from the bank when their fifth share is sold and place their last five shares into the Pool at that time (without changing the Stock Price). In essence, they will receive 100% funding if at least five shares are sold prior to operation; otherwise, they will finish their funding in the stock round in which their fifth share is sold. They still commence operations on the sale of the President’s Certificate

Above is how the rule should have been written. It is my fault that it is missing the key phrase "or later". To address your questions below, after the clarification above:

1. Yes

2. Yes, when the fifth share is sold, in this or a future SR, put the last five shares in the pool and receive 5x Current Market Value (CMV) in company funding.

3. As there are no par prices, the transaction will necessarily be at CMV.

I hope that clarifies the situation but if not please let me know.

The rule is in place to facilitate the formation of a company once the trains start costing more than the value of shares that one person can buy. The effect is more dramatic in phase 4D than in phase 5!

Happy gaming!

Matt

CrankyPants wrote:
RAW

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Ferreira
Portugal
Porto Salvo
Porto Salvo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
This only applies to companies that were opened on phase 5 or later.
Off course we could/should remeber which ones were, but there is no help for it, right?

If I've opened a company on phase 4 and the fifth share is only sold on phase 5 the company doesn't get full funding. Is this correct?

We should set a reminder for those companies, corect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.