Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'll be honest, I normally wouldn't give a game like this a second glance (unless it has an interesting theme), but I saw it in a thrift shop for 50p -- unopened and still in the blister pack. The reason I snapped it up is that it has 10 dice -- 10 dice almost perfect for customization to use in PnP games.

Since it was a nice, shiny new game, I figured it would be appropriate to play a few rounds before cannibalizing it for the dice.

Game Contents

(Image by Jerrytel.)

The game comes with ten 6-sided dice, a small purple snap box, and a really tiny rulebook. The dice just have colored sides (green, yellow, red) and are slightly smaller than what I consider "standard" size. The dice are... satisfactory. They get the job done, but they feel cheap. Even so, they're probably fairly durable -- the colored sides are recessed to stand up to a lot of use. And for the 50p I paid, I'm certainly not complaining.

The case is a nice pocketable size that I'm sure will be re-purposed for one of the many PnP games I have in the queue.

And finally, the rules. It's a simple game, so the rules are brief. They went a bit extreme with the rule booklet, though: the miniscule font is damn-near impossible to read. If you're so inclined, however, you can download the rules (here) and print them up as large as you please.

Playing the Game

This is a pretty standard press-your-luck dice game: roll the dice, green is good, yellow is roll again, red is bad. I actually found it to be eerily similar to Zombie Dice, which I really enjoy. But I didn't take to this game. At all.

I can already hear you saying, "But, but, but! It's the SAME GAME!"

Yes and no. Zombie Dice has a zombie theme. Zombies good. Plain old no-themed colors bad. Even Pass the Pigs is better (mmm... bacon...). Yes, I'm that shallow. Don't judge me.

Final Thoughts

Basically, this is very portable and easy to play filler-type game. I think young kids will get the most enjoyment out of it (and I suspect they're the target audience here). Most older teens and adults will probably not be interested in playing this game unless cajoled into it by a 7-year-old. With the glut of themed portable dice games out there, I don't have any interest in this one, even if it's basically the same game as ones I enjoy (*cough* Zombie Dice *cough*). And hey, if you can find one for dirt cheap at a thrift shop, the dice are ripe for customization.

Score:
Components: I'd actually go with a lower rating for the cheap feel, but since they can be easily customized for other games I felt generous.
Rules/Gameplay: Very simple to learn and quick to play. Not a lot to hold interest, though. (No, I don't feel bad that I rated Zombie Dice higher.)
Replay Value: Would serve as a good filler game. The replay value is about as good as any other press-your-luck dice game (as long as you want to play it in the first place).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.