Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Sanderson
Canada
Thornhill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

Am I right in saying that you can add a unit to a shared activation at any turn? Say in turn 1 I shared activate two units and make one move. Then, my next turn I decide I want to add a third unit to that shared activation. Is that okay?

Also, when bringing in reinforcements, can I share activate those off the map reinforcements and bring them in together as a group movement (so at the same time)? Or, if I do share activate them all, I can still only bring one unit of reinforcements onto the map each turn? I guess I am just wondering if, when off the map, they count as being in the same hex or something.

Other than those questions I think I have the shared activation and group actions sorted out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Woźniak
Poland
Niemcz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About first question - yes, you may add units on the flight to the shared activation, and if new units are on adjacent hexes, they may group move.

About the second question - I am not quite sure. I played it as if all reinforcements coming at one time that shared activation or CAP were stasrting in one virtual hex (bordering entry hex), but I wonder wether it would be legal to move with one CAP units as if they were group moving from adjacent virtual hexes ( I mean multiple adjacent Entry Hexes within one turn, like four infantry squads into four hexes forming a line)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Limburgerhof
flag msg tools
Designing game modules for the Zuntzu online gaming platform
badge
The Art of War
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Also, when bringing in reinforcements, can I share activate those off the map reinforcements and bring them in together as a group movement (so at the same time)? Or, if I do share activate them all, I can still only bring one unit of reinforcements onto the map each turn? I guess I am just wondering if, when off the map, they count as being in the same hex or something.

In short - yes. You can share activations with offmap-reinforcements and bring them into the map in group actions.

We had an exhaustive discussion about that without leading to a concrete result about the philosophical definition of whether the positions between offmap units are considered to be adjacent, even if units enter from distant points of the map. If you like to dig into the detail, you should be able to find the discussion somewhere in the forums - however I prefer to use the common sense assumption that in case of group movements from offboard the units need to be physically adjacent (in an imaginary hex grid that goes beyond the actual board limits).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
Yalnin wrote:
We had an exhaustive discussion...

Here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sanderson
Canada
Thornhill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks! I think I'll follow the rule that units are coming in from the half-hexes (this should be written into the rule, it's much simpler), so that they are adjacent coming in if you choose them to be, but you can't group move 'em anywhere you want to on the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.