Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am making a fan based expansion for FotM called "Improved Farming and Disasters." It contains a number of new Minor Improvements. Many of them add new tiles to the farmyard. This set, however, contains none of those.

I really would like feedback on them. I think they're good for a two player game, but they haven't really been tested for larger games. Any opinions would be welcome.

Oops, I missed one. Well, I'm not changing the image now. Natural Gas causes you to put a Gravel Tile on your farmyard. Gravel Tiles may be removed by taking a Fell Trees, Slash and Burn, or Cut Peat special action, and Clearing Gravel instead. Spaces with Gravel on them count as used, but you get -1 point for each Gravel tile on your farm at the end of the game.

Llama Llama Duck should only be used if you are playing with the Legen*dairy Forest Deck. Remove it from the game otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ldsdbomber wrote:
would love to Mike but we havent even broken the expansion out yet! maybe its time though

If you feel comfortable with Agricola, I strongly urge you to give FotM a try. The general consensus of our gaming group is that it improves the game 100%.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bastian Winkelhaus
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if a card allows me to place a gravel, can i choose which resource is on it? Or is that random in some way?
Can i choose only clay or stone? The start card gravel only contain those. Or could i choose reed if i wanted?

Wishing Well counting as a Well only matters in combos. And upgrading a 1c-cost improvement into a 5 vp-Wishing Well does not sound fun to me. I would remove that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
zlorfik wrote:
So if a card allows me to place a gravel, can i choose which resource is on it? Or is that random in some way?
Can i choose only clay or stone? The start card gravel only contain those. Or could i choose reed if i wanted?

Only the start cards have resources on the Gravel. Other cards may have you place different things on Gravel or interact with Gravel in different ways. (Some Disasters, when we get to it, will have you place gravel without putting anything on it at all).

zlorfik wrote:
Wishing Well counting as a Well only matters in combos. And upgrading a 1c-cost improvement into a 5 vp-Wishing Well does not sound fun to me. I would remove that.

Hm, you do make a good point that Wishing Well's Well copying ability is only useful with combos, but otherwise, it's a pretty weak card. If you play it early enough, it's a clay for 1 vp and 2 maybe 3 random resources. I don't want to remove the cost, but I'm not sure how to up the power reasonably. Drawing 2 resources instead of 1 may make it too powerful. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris F.
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Buggy wrote:
Hm, you do make a good point that Wishing Well's Well copying ability is only useful with combos, but otherwise, it's a pretty weak card. If you play it early enough, it's a clay for 1 vp and 2 maybe 3 random resources.

I don't think the Wishing Well is weak. If I play the it in Stage 1 (doable) and always wish for a vegetable, I'll at least get a vegetable (possibly late) and a vp for a clay and half an action. With any luck at all, I'll get more, and further, other players can't use the card. Compare to Market Stall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cjfoster wrote:

I don't think the Wishing Well is weak...

Hm, fair enough. I'll remove the "acts like the Well" verbiage. (Actually, if you play the Wishing Well in Round 1, and always wish for a Vegetable, you will get a Vegetable and at least 1 other resource by the end of the game because a round 1 play guarantees two resources).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Would like to mention that "Wild Oats" seems a bit weak given that only about a quarter of your new start cards have gravel pits. Just sayin'...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris F.
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Buggy wrote:
(Actually, if you play the Wishing Well in Round 1, and always wish for a Vegetable, you will get a Vegetable and at least 1 other resource by the end of the game because a round 1 play guarantees two resources).

Ah - I read 'round' as 'stage'. Every round is even better, obviously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterG wrote:
Would like to mention that "Wild Oats" seems a bit weak given that only about a quarter of your new start cards have gravel pits. Just sayin'...

The hope was that players would have the opportunity to add gravel tiles through other means as well.

But you're right. It is a card that relies on other cards to be worthwhile. Maybe adding something to the effect of, "if you have no gravel tiles you may first add one to an empty space in your farmyard," would be good...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.