Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robin Goodall
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got this out yesterday evening to show my two sons (Joshua and Tristan, 8 and 5 yrs). I started with the basic bricks first (champions and guards) and explained the rules. Both seemed to understand the whole capturing mechanic straight away.

Much flicking (or attempts at flicking - not something they are used to doing) ensued. I was a bit lenient with the "you moved it that's your go" rule, letting them try again if it only moved millimetres. Their ability to flick showed improvement after just a short time.

A lucky flick from Josh knocked Tristan's king off. He was just about to burst in to tears (has problems coping with failure - probably like most 5 yr olds) but a quick interjection with "nevermind... quick set them up for another game" worked wonders.

When Tristan went up to bed, I got out the other bricks and explained them to Joshua. No problem understanding the extra rules with only the occasional reminder of which was the ninja and which was the assassin (actually he corrected me once when I said the wrong one).

Both really enjoyed it and I expect it to be out again tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oly Sibthorpe
United Kingdom
Southend-On-Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Glad you and your boys are enjoying it Robin.
You are right to be lenient with the foul rule for younger players, my son Jack used to do a lot of pushing as he flicked when he was 5.
Flicking skills come with practice. I don't know if you watched my trick shots video but such things as jumps, spins and swerves can be done once you get the technique!
Give it a go and let me know how you get on. Brick On!
Oly (KingBrick Master)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.