Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Davis
United States
Hobbs
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys I just had a quick question regarding the use of glyphs to transport to/from town using an advance action and sniping from the glyph location. I cant find anywhere in the rules where you are only allowed to use a glyph once per turn or where you have to end your turn in town or anything (though I have seen both mentioned in the forums). Am i just overlooking it?

It really drags the game out since the heroes have started to use this tactic...they run in activate a glyph and spend the next 10 turns picking monsters off with little to no risk (granted the OL still gains threat)

Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Son of Burrito Bean III
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only use a glyph once per turn, either to travel from or to town.

Edit:

From the JitD rulebook, page 17:

Quote:
A hero may only use a glyph once per turn - he may not use a glyph to go to town and then return, or vice versa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I don't remember if that's allowed or not (I'm almost positive it's not), but if it is, there's an easy solution: punch your friends in the nose each time they do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kearn Reif
United States
Webberville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 17 of the rulebook .... "A hero may only use a glyph once per turn - he may not use a glyph to go to town and then return or vice versa."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Burnham wrote:
I don't remember if that's allowed or not (I'm almost positive it's not), but if it is, there's an easy solution: punch your friends in the nose each time they do that.

That isn't funny.

Use whatever house rules you want, but discuss them with your players before you start; don't get mad at them because they broke some secret rule that only exists in your head, and don't throw a tantrum because someone found a way to beat you within the rules you agreed to play by.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Caedmus wrote:
I cant find anywhere in the rules ....

Get the PDF version of the rules from the FFG web site. It make searching for keywords much easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.