Subject: No forum? No party! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Giancarlo Sorrentino
Italy
Palermo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Waiting for the other player to come (we had to play Through the Ages), I proposed a short play of Roma to my friend Marco. He didn't know the game and it is really hard to play well in this game if you don't know the cards. I began the game with a Forum and a Gladiator and a Haruspex passed by Marco (in my opinion very strong cards), while Marco started with an Onager, a Tribunus and a Mercator and a Consiliarius passed by me. I was very lucky for almost all the game with the dice, rolling a "1", where I had a forum, and a "5" or "6" each time and so collecting lots of VPs. Marco just survived with his Tribunus and tried to build some cards, but he never got a forum, nor some useful cards, while with my Haruspex I collected all the forums in the deck. Furthermore, Marco was very unlucky, he tried at least 4 or 5 times to destroy my forum with his Onager, failing all the times. So the game dragged itself some more time, but it was clear that he had no chances to recover, and finished when I built another forum that make me collect 5 more VPs. The final score was 33 VPs for me and 5 VPs for him.
I think that luck doesn't count very much for victory in this game, but if you are very lucky, your enemy is not and, what's more, he doesn't know the cards, then it's impossible to compete. Next game will be more balanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.