Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed that this game is not said to work well with 2 players (the poll shows over 75% saying "Not Recommended" with 2.

However, Domain is supposed to be the same game, essentially, and over 60% recommend playing with 2.

So, is this truly not a good two-player game, or is the poll wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Have not tried it with 2 but comparing to Domaine is not a good comparison. They are similar, yes, but Lowenherz has a primary negotiation element which is missing from Domaine. Negotiation games are not at their strongest with 2.

Plus: Domaine isn't great with 2 either. It works, but it isn't great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Spaulding
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I love this with two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Brown
United States
Manchester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is excellent with 2p. Maybe even at its best. However, the 2p is a BRUTAL game, which tends to turn a lot of people off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Linsey
United States
Hudson
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Lowenherz is one game that I wouldn't play with any number other than 4. With that number, it's one of my favorite games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Smith
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game with 2:
Each round you flip over a new action card. Each action card has 3 options. Now the start player says which 2 options he wants to do. Afterwards the other player can choose 1 option. Whenever both players chose the same option, a special negotiation and hidden auction phase takes place - a very interesting element of the game.
With two players it could happen that no option is chosen twice, so negotiation could be avoided.
When playing with 3 or 4 there is at least 1 negotiation phase in each round.

On the map, there's more action as well of course.
Furthermore you have the typical 2p game: An action that is good for both players isn't attractive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.