Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I am working with a group of kids on a self directed play. We have a dragon that blows bubble gum. We are hoping to make a animated thing that we can project on the back wall. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? Or anyone that might be willing to help out?

If so GM me or I'll check back here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick B
United States
Sunnyvale
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you want a realistic one, or a cartoony one? I've got one I drew to put on a tee-shirt for my nephew when he was a baby (his mom always told him bedtime stories about a dragon named Desmond). Anyway, I could do some simple animation and have him blow bubbles. I could save it as a Flash projector, so should run on any computer.

Don't know if that's what you had in mind though. I could also just grab a picture of a more realistic looking dragon and animate some bubbles. Not being vector art though a picture will not animate as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Thanks, I have a student that is very talented. I was hoping to have her draw a picture and then animate that in some way. I will talk to her and get back here next week. With more info. As I said this is not my area of expertise. So what ever will look best cartoony or realistic would be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick B
United States
Sunnyvale
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay. I'm not much of an artist, but I'm pretty good with Flash, and can do some basic animation. Feel free to send me her drawing and I'd be happy to try to help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
puckhead wrote:
Okay. I'm not much of an artist, but I'm pretty good with Flash, and can do some basic animation. Feel free to send me her drawing and I'd be happy to try to help.
Jerry - Flash will probably work better than the .gif approach that I was offering in GM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess a couple questions are in order.

I am totally new to this so please bear with any silly questions.

Would it be better to have a series of dragons one in each position we want?

Or would it be better to just have one image and you manipulate that?

Also would it be easier to do one from the front? or the side? does it matter?

Thank you thank you thank you!

Jerry

Just so everyone has an idea what this is for. We are doing a mostly self guided play in 5th grade. We are going to be projecting images on a wall. At one point in the story a princess goes to trick a dragon. Basically, she tricks the dragon into eating to much bubble gum so he can't attack anyone anymore.

Here is the dialouge.

Narrator: That night the princess started digging a tunnel and came out behind the dragon. She starts blowing bubbles.

Dragon: What do I smell? Bubbleicious? I love that smell! Where is it coming from?

Princess: Hi Dragon! Would you like to learn how to blow bubbles? I can teach you if you open your mouth.

Dragon: That looks like so much fun and it smells so delicious! Pleae please give me some of that. All have had to eat for years is smelly old knights.

Narraror: So the princess puts a ton of gum in the dragons mouth and he starts to chew.

Dragon: YUM! dis is eely ood ut do I do ow? (mouth full of gum)

Pricess: Jest keep chewing then blow!

So the dragon chewed and chewed and from then on whenever he blew instead of fire out came bubbles. He loved it and fell in love with the princess.

We don't need to sync this up perfect A student will be speaking with a microphone for the Dragon as long as we get it somewhere close it will be awesome!

Thanks Again

Jerry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick B
United States
Sunnyvale
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I didn't revisit this thread earlier. I think it's probably best to have a dragon from the front. I think most of the animation could be done from one picture. Perhaps a few sketches of the other positions that you'd like might be useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Re: HELP! A teachers needs an animated Dragon! "to CHALLENGE!" with
DO YOU "CHALLENGE!"? and on that note: "Where in the WORLD is Carmen Sandiego & TROGDOR!?!!?11!?" whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the student working on stuff and will hopefully be donw tomorrow. I will post then!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.