Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Marx
United States
Tarpon Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried taking the minis off the base for painting. I don't want to get any paint on the base. Also, I got the replacement Zombie sticker files and would like to put those on.

I can see where the mini has been glued down on the under-side of the base. I was thinking of cutting off the bottom of each protrusion and seeing if I could get an x-acto blade between the plastic of the base and the plastic of the mini.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Constantin Goss
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering why you need the replacement stickers?
Can't you just interchange the 2 zombie bases?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
toffelkopf wrote:
I'm wondering why you need the replacement stickers?
Can't you just interchange the 2 zombie bases?

Their feet are in different places so you can't sadly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Marx
United States
Tarpon Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, I managed to carefully pull the zombies off their bases with the help of a utility knife to cut some of the adhesive around the feet. The pegs on the feet will come out if you pull on them. I didn't have much problem, but if you pull too hard I can see where you might break the mini at the ankle. Be careful.

For reinserting the figures into the base, I trimmed the pegs and widened the holes with a hobby knife. They went right back in easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

A bit late to reply, but I removed all bases for painting. Some gave way very easily, some took carefully applied violence and some broke off at the peg. Vasquez' arm came off on its own, which made painting her much easier. This gave me the idea to rip off Deeler's arm myself so painting his chest and Zombie Device wouldn't be as difficult as it seemed.

Glueing the figs back on the bases is not that difficult, provided you use the right kind of glue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jan Tuijp wrote:
Glueing the figs back on the bases is not that difficult, provided you use the right kind of glue.

Is the plastic the right kind to glue together with polystyrene cement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Sometimes you have to remove remnants of the original glue, which leaves tiny spaces and cracks to fill. So I would not recommend a very thin glue.

I tried Games Workshops white pvc glue and regular transparant glue from our local equivalent of the one-pound-shop. The latter gave better results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.