Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Clark Jr
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
mbmbmbmbmb
So after seeing FFG's announcement about the new Print on Demand expansions for Death Angel it got me thinking that maybe this is how they might release new scenarios for Mansions of Madness. Instead of having to wait for a full box expansion they could release one or two new scenario sets with some more options in there. You already have most of the tools you'll need in the box, you just need a story to tell how to use them.

Another option might be something like a combination of their Descent Quest Database and the PoD piece. Something like allowing people to submit their scenarios to the database and then allowing voting or something for the most popular ones to be officially printed.

All this is pure speculation of course but if they're already doing PoD for one of their games it's not to much of a leap to think they might use it for other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be very cool. It reminds me of what Flying Frog did with LNOE web-only expansions. Of course, they had better come out with a real expansion that comes with a bunch more monsters and room tiles as well.

UPDATE: Well, I was all excited for the possibility of this, but then I started reading the comments on the FFG announcement page for this, and an FFG employee has said that they will not do any POD cards that are meant to "shuffle in" with existing card deck, as they cannot guarantee the backs will match exactly. It's a pity. On the other hand, MoM appears to be a hit, so they'll probably give it the star treatment with lavishly produced box expansions anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn G.
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alas. A simple alternative is to use little pieces of stick-it note and write "clue 1" "Clue 2" etc. Stick these to the face of other clue cards and place them accordingly on your map. Write down your own personal clues in a notebook and then when the players draw the card just read the corresponding description out of your notebook.

A little ghetto perhaps, but it makes it much less intimidating to create your own scenarios. You can do the same thing with the objective card and the event deck. If you just use the sticky part of the stick-it note to write on and stick to other cards it makes it nearly impossible to tell that it's there when the card is face down in a room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Brueggemann
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or use something like Strange Eons (http://cgjennings.ca/eons/index.html), perhaps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.