Popular Tags: [View All]
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if people have tried them or come across them, but I recently ordered a little over 500 "scrabble-like" tiles for DIY projects from the following website for right around $24 including shipping. They look pretty nice, but I haven't tried doing anything with them yet. They are on "closeout" so its first come first served, but it sounds like they still have a fair amount left

http://www.leettiles.com/

This was better than I could find anywhere else price-wise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Subhan Michael Tindall
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thrift a lot, Scrabble games are pretty common & generally go for $2-$3 a game here which translates to $10-$15 for 500 tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james collins
United States
rockport
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always wondered about replacing regular paper counters with wood counters. Maybe this is where I should start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
subhan wrote:
I thrift a lot, Scrabble games are pretty common & generally go for $2-$3 a game here which translates to $10-$15 for 500 tiles.
I checked this out and the tiles are rather different to Scrabble: they are the same size, granted, but they are black with embossed red lettering. The lettering is also quirky, being a pixellated "computer" font.
For craft purposes I think these would be pretty cool (that's why I'm interested). As game pieces I am much less impressed- the font is a little difficult, especially with low colour contrast. And the embossing means it might be possible to "read" the tiles by feel.
They only have shipping info for the continental USA, and so far have not replied to my email about international mail costs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McThorn
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I buy cheap (under $2) scrabble sets at thrifts/garage sales/flea markets. Currently I've got about 500 tiles in my craft bin in the garage. I used them for a home made copy of Advanced civilization but haven't tried playing with them yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Hudson
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used Scrabble tiles for my pnp copy of Avalon Hill's Robin Hood. Not only did it work out really well, they look fantastic.

I wish more PNP creators would size their tiles for scrabble tiles. They are cheap to thrift and work great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joy Cohn
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barronmore wrote:
I used Scrabble tiles for my pnp copy of Avalon Hill's Robin Hood. Not only did it work out really well, they look fantastic.

I wish more PNP creators would size their tiles for scrabble tiles. They are cheap to thrift and work great.

As did I.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.