United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
You can check out BattleCON and participate in a demo at Fear the CON next week!

Here are the events, hosted by Matt Schillinger and Jeff Easterwood:

Experience the thrill of a fast-paced fusion of tactics, strategy, and competition in Battle Connection, the newest head to head card game presented by Level 99 Games. BattleCON pits players and their chosen characters against each other in a test of wits and insight, with each duel taking only 10~15 minutes to play. This will be a 3 or 4 round tournament with an instructional round for players who are new to the game. Prizes will be given to all participants. 16 seats, No experience or materials necessary.

Battle CON Demos all day on Friday 3/18, and in the morning slot on Saturday. http://www.conplanner.com/ActivityView.aspx?c=37&a=447&n=

The battleCON tournament is Saturday 3/19 at 8 - 11:30pm.
http://www.conplanner.com/ActivityView.aspx?c=37&a=446&n=
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Hermann
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:
You can check out BattleCON and participate in a demo at Fear the CON next week!

Here are the events, hosted by Matt Schillinger and Jeff Easterwood:

Experience the thrill of a fast-paced fusion of tactics, strategy, and competition in Battle Connection, the newest head to head card game presented by Level 99 Games. BattleCON pits players and their chosen characters against each other in a test of wits and insight, with each duel taking only 10~15 minutes to play. This will be a 3 or 4 round tournament with an instructional round for players who are new to the game. Prizes will be given to all participants. 16 seats, No experience or materials necessary.

Battle CON Demos all day on Friday 3/18, and in the morning slot on Saturday. http://www.conplanner.com/ActivityView.aspx?c=37&a=447&n=

The battleCON tournament is Saturday 3/19 at 8 - 11:30pm.
http://www.conplanner.com/ActivityView.aspx?c=37&a=446&n=

Where is this located?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like here:

Memorial Hall, Blanchette Park
1900 W Randolph St
St. Charles, MO 63301
United States
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks David,

and yeah, all the convention info you need to sign up is right here accessible from the home page:

http://www.conplanner.com/ConventionHome.aspx?c=37

Apparently $25 gets you the con, free soda & beer, and food. Makes me wish I was going to be able to make it laugh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Noble
United States
El Dorado Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hey Brad,

How did the tournament go? Any characters chosen more than others?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
There wasn't a big turnout, as FTC is primarily an RPG Con. I heard that a number of people got to demo the game and had a good time with it though, which is a win in my book.

Our March 26th tournament here in Albuquerque should have a pretty big turnout, so expect a report and pics of that soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alywin Fruge
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I literally just stumbled across this game on Friday and it went straight to the top of my watch/want list.
I just printed off the sampler .pdf and will be building the sample character decks this week. If the game is as good as the rules and quick-start comic (brilliant idea, btw) left me feeling, I'll be happy to add my bucks to the Kickstarter drive!

I suspect attending GenCon is in your sights but, sadly, I'm not going to be able to go this year. Assuming you will be attending others, any chance you might be able to post a list of them as I'd LOVE to get a demo of this with the BattleCON team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this year it's just going to be BGGCon and GenCon for me personally. However, we are doing a few local tournaments and such around Albuquerque, NM, and I have encouraged some of the video reviewers to bring their demo games to conventions as well. At the least, we're working on a VASSAL module, so you can play online in the near future!

- Brad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.