Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Are we there yet?
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
A couple more odd questions...

1. If I used a charactor card to separate Gandolf from the Fellowship, do I get to draw a new card?

I don't know the order, does the Fellowship guide change as soon as Gandolf leaves, or does Gandolf stay around to "guide" even as he is moving away? I would think with the ruling that you can use both Pippen and Merry to reduce 2 points of Hunt damage in the same tile draw would indicate that the Guide changes instantly, thus no draw.

2. Does using an elven ring + a die to get rid of face up cards (Palantir) count against the 1 elven ring per round?

I wouldn't think so, as cards violate the rules...

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:2 more questions...
bowman wrote:
A couple more odd questions...

1. If I used a charactor card to separate Gandolf from the Fellowship, do I get to draw a new card?

I don't know the order, does the Fellowship guide change as soon as Gandolf leaves, or does Gandolf stay around to "guide" even as he is moving away? I would think with the ruling that you can use both Pippen and Merry to reduce 2 points of Hunt damage in the same tile draw would indicate that the Guide changes instantly, thus no draw.

2. Does using an elven ring + a die to get rid of face up cards (Palantir) count against the 1 elven ring per round?

I wouldn't think so, as cards violate the rules...

Thanks!

1: You get to draw the card as you are playing it, with gandalf as the guide. Then, you separate him.

2: Yes, a ring used for any purpose counts towards the limit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Are we there yet?
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Alexfrog (#480567),

Quote:
2: Yes, a ring used for any purpose counts towards the limit.

So this is an exception to "a card allows a player to take an action that violates the standard rules"? Or perhaps the Elven Rings rule is fundamental, and cannot be broken...

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bowman (#480855),

The cards that don't follow the rules either explicitly say that they do something different, or do something different that is mentioned in the rulebook (i.e. mustering).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Are we there yet?
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
SevenSpirits (#481200),

Quote:
The cards that don't follow the rules either explicitly say that they do something different, or do something different that is mentioned in the rulebook (i.e. mustering).

I see my confusion. The Palantir card says I have to "use" the Elven Ring, and the Rules (p.10) say that only one Elven Ring counter can be used by the same player in a turn. My thinking was that because I did not "use" the Elven Ring to change the Action Die, (the breaking of the rule), I was able to break the other rule about only "using" one Action Die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.