Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Williams
United Kingdom
DROITWICH SPA
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
May 22, 1985, elements of the 93 Recon push forward after their bruising encounter with the Bundeswehr. Intelligence suggests that the British are somewhere near, this will be interesting, the first contact between the Soviet Union and the UK.

The unit is split in two; to the north the HQ section with a unit of T80s and the BRDMs push west towards Faulbach. More T80s with the BMPs head south-west towards the woods in the direction of Anhausen.

The British are there. Royal Lancers form a screen north-south between Irlich and Anhausen. Unseen by the Soviets they deploy. The Striker section moves into the woods due east of Irlich; the HQ and Scimitars move to the woods south of Irlich; another Scimitar section to Anhausen with a reserve left due south of Irlich ready to move.

The Soviets inch their way into Faulbach and the woods to the south. Suddenly smoke is observed near Irlich and then hits are registered on the T80s on the wood edge south of Faulbach. Hits and then more hits, my god that was good shooting. The Soviets are shocked. The T80s try to back up into the woods but too late, more hits are registered and smoking hulks are left in the trees. The BMPs head up the hill using the woods as a screen.

The Brits are happy...first blood to them. The Striker unit searches for another target. Expletives fill the airwaves as a bank of thick fog rolls across the area from north to south. They can't see anything at all.

93 Recon move slowly through Faulbach, they have a rough idea where the Striker unit is located and decide to use the fog as cover. They break out of town to the north-west when they are hit by a FASCAM strike, no damage luckily but it pins down the BRDMs. The T80s push on but out in the open they see fire from the woods, the Striker has them in its sights. They are hit again but its harmless, fog and movement has helped. They aim at the Strikers, it's their best chance. But the uneven ground makes them miss too.

To the south the BMPs inch their way through the wood, making its edge. They see a Scimitar in a copse in front of Anhausen. It hasn't seen them. They let rip, scoring multiple hits, and see their first Brits destroyed.

The Strikers meanwhile calm their nerves and get in another shot, smashing into the T80s and severely disrupting them. They get another shot as the T80s try to reverse out of harm's way. Too late, more T80 wrecks. It's not looking good for the Soviets. The BMPs consider making a break for Anhausen, but wait. The British are moving south to head them off. Just a little bit more...at extreme range the BMP aims at a Scimitar. Got it!!

All score in one sense but the Brits still have their big guns whilst the Soviets have lost theirs. Pull back is the order. Let's live and learn and fight again. The Brits are shaken but relatively happy. They've punched hard and drawn blood; but they've also lost their mates. This won't be easy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
nice one. You captured the flavor of WaW perfectly!
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Adey
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very good AAR. You must start writing when you reitre - sadly way before me!

A
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Williams
United Kingdom
DROITWICH SPA
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Kevin, but I think the game system just makes it so easy to get into the heart of the game. I am so impressed with this series, I have just ordered Eisenbach Gap tonight and 1st Panzer and Garbo will not be far behind. Paris looks very interesting too! I can see this being my game of choice for quite some time to come.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.