Popular Tags: [View All]
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really i'm looking for feedback and help here. (work in progress)

Whenever I play Railways, I hate trying to locate the rules page for that particular map, and then sometimes finding the information i'm specifically looking for can sometimes be a challenge, because they add the information mid sentence.

so this is my idea.

So yes you need to find the card, (or just bundle it with the card for that map) but the information should be clear to the reader at a simple glance.

Would others find this useful? With the information on there at the moment, is that sufficient? any thoughts?

Can somebody provide me with the relevant info for the official Europe map, as I don't own it.

Also I was considering doing up cards for other unofficial maps, if people would like to see those too and was wondering which maps people would like to see cards for?

I assume also the western us rules are the same as eastern, but keen for clarification. also what are the rules for rotors and fuel depots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Leduc
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

It's a good idea. You should also indicate when you need to reduce the number of cube when you are fewer players. I am working on a more extensive overview of all official maps but I am waiting for my railways thrugh time to arrives to complete my work. So you will be able to validate your info soon.

Good work and have a nice day
Nicolas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Mucchiello
United States
Edison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
abodi wrote:
Can somebody provide me with the relevant info for the official Europe map, as I don't own it.

Also I was considering doing up cards for other unofficial maps, if people would like to see those too and was wondering which maps people would like to see cards for?

I assume also the western us rules are the same as eastern, but keen for clarification. also what are the rules for rotors and fuel depots.

Europe and Western US are the same as Eastern US. (As is Australia.)

It would be nice if you included the other "costs"/play options.

Take/Play an operation card
Engine Upgrade (see card)
Urbanize ($10,000)
Build track (up to 4 hexes, as only one link)
* $2,000 green "open" hex
* $3,000 green hex with water
* $4,000 brown hex (with dot)
* +$4,000 crossing a ridge (thick black line)

You may as well make these double-sided and include the major lines on the other side.

Quote:
also what are the rules for rotors and fuel depots.

We don't use them so I can't help here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
don't you typically remember the play options?
there aint that many, i didn't consider people would need them, and if so most maps comes with cards for the lines and options anyway.

what the maps don't come with is a quick reference for the basic changes of the map and the endgame conditions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Mucchiello
United States
Edison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
True. Better idea. Put the list of Hotels and Service Bounties (with VP amount) on the cards. It can be useful to know what hotels and service bounties COULD exist as game starts. (And for the US East map, the list of Major Lines again could be useful.)

Or maybe you should do separate cards. A setup card, as you seem to intend. And a in-play card with the stuff I'm talking about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah i like that idea.

might be better to make then a4 or a5 sized, this would allow for alot more information to be added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stew Woods
Australia
Cygnet
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very useful - This is typically the only info I end up going to the rulebook for

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.