Jake Fernandez
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Folks!

I know the question has been asked a couple of times.. but most of the what to get after DSpire questions have been focused on the expansions. What about the Base game? Wouldn't it be better to get the Base game right after DSpire instead? (more bang for your buck) -- or do the improvements brought about by DL and WotE make them a better 2nd buy overall?

Appreciate your thoughts guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dragonspire first, for reasons gone over in countless threads.

Next: Wrath of the Elements. Why? Because the base game doesn't come with the 'new' dividers (they hadn't been thought of yet). If you get the base game next, you won't have appropriate dividers for the cards, and that makes you a sad panda.

Next: The base game, most bang for your buck (after DS).

After that, Doomgate Legion, because it's all that's left. You could go for Thornwood Siege, too, if it's out by then. To be honest, Doomgate isn't the most compelling set. Only new feature is treasures, which aren't particularly game-changing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
Don't forget the special disease.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konata
United States
Highlands Ranch
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:

Next: Wrath of the Elements. Why? Because the base game doesn't come with the 'new' dividers (they hadn't been thought of yet). If you get the base game next, you won't have appropriate dividers for the cards, and that makes you a sad panda.

After that, Doomgate Legion, because it's all that's left. You could go for Thornwood Siege, too, if it's out by then. To be honest, Doomgate isn't the most compelling set. Only new feature is treasures, which aren't particularly game-changing.

Which set has the best monsters? Doomgate or Wrath?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Konata wrote:
Asmor wrote:

Which set has the best monsters? Doomgate or Wrath?
I generally like those of DL more (they use the Special Disease deck introduced in that same exp, and effects that take into account hero levels), but only slightly more. WotE's Golems were interesting in requiring so much brute strength to fight effectively, and I did like how some of the elemental type monsteres had a wider variety of effects (e.g. can't overcome the light penalty of this monster).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.