offthetrailsonacrazytank
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
87654321cba
badge
what's an overtext ?
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you enter you home port if it's affected by the plague event ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my gameā€¦ when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always enter your home port. No exceptions.

Although double checking the rulebook, I see it doesn't exactly say this. It only mentions being able to enter even if you have a bounty. But I'm 99% sure that the rule is broader than that. War, for instance, could be game-crippling if you weren't allowed home to stash.

But note that Port Royal IS affected by other events like Plagues and Wars. Its ability lets you pay or use influence to bypass an English bounty, but other conditions would still bar you entry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flawed Hero
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure you're right about your Home Port always being open. I know I read that somewhere. Although, I had a similar question come up in my last game. I had a French bounty, and my home port was San Juan. We had the Attack on San Juan card come up and it came under French control, so i questioned whether or not I could enter my home port, now that it was French and I had a bounty. We played that I could arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. You are correct. The FAQ is almost here but I have asked for it to be added. Any day now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.