offthetrailsonacrazytank
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
87654321cba
badge
what's an overtext ?
mbmbmbmbmb
Who declares first to use a special weapon, the attacker, the defender, or the winner of the seamanship roll ? Example : two undamaged frigates shoot each other. The loser gets two hits aniway, both players rolls two skulls for hit locations, and both have chain and grape shots. Who decides on what the other does ? And if one has a Reinforced Hull mod, do he uses it after special weapons fire have been resolved ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
First use Reinforced Hull, then special weapons.

As for the use of Special Weapons, attacker declares first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burton
United States
Boca Raton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
one more thing, if there are, lets say, 2 hits, 1-skull, 1- 1 (cargo), can the target player wait to see if the other player uses chain or grape shot before using his reinforced hull?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Johnny9690 wrote:
one more thing, if there are, lets say, 2 hits, 1-skull, 1- 1 (cargo), can the target player wait to see if the other player uses chain or grape shot before using his reinforced hull?

First you use your Reinforced Hull, then the player shooting can decide if using special weapons is worth it. While that is the order, in actual play, I hope most people would be willing to do something like this:

"I use special weapons"

"Ok, but I would have liked to used my Reinforced Hull"

"No prob, but then I'm not interested in using my special weapons"

"Of course"

So it's not about "hahah, gotcha" but about everyone having fun and getting to use their stuff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But then this problem could occur:

I wanted to use my hull.

Okay, then I won't use my special weapon.

Then I don't want to use my hull.

Then I'll use my special weapon.

I think, for now, I'll simply teach people that if you have a hull, you need to decide whether or not to use it after hit locations are rolled (as per your rule). It will be up to them to determine, whether or not to remove a skull or a number in anticipation of the enemy's special weapon or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jotora wrote:
But then this problem could occur:

If it does, just make clear what the intended order is. Usage of the hull cannot be made dependant on usage of special weapons, but it works the other way around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.