Subject: Impetuous Movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Skellett
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
A wolf and a penguin could never live together, nor could a camel and a hippopotamus. That would be absurd.
badge
And the older you get, the fewer things you really love. And by the time you get to my age, maybe it's only one or two things. With me, I think it's one.
mbmbmbmbmb
I had some questions about Impetuous Movement (which occurs as a result of losing Command Control).

I found the answer to the first question by searching ConsimWorld. I was wondering whether impetuous units that lose control but are already adjacent to enemy units are considered to be activated (& marked as such) or whether they remain unactivated (since they don't actually move) & could then be rallied, etc. by spending CP.

The answer from Mike was that they ARE considered to be activated since "they're determined to kill anyone in front of them". Effectively this means they should be marked with a yellow activation marker & cannot be activated (to rally, etc.) on any turn that Command Control is lost.

My other question is about the timing of the Impetuous Movement. The rules say: "This movement must take place prior to any other Activation by that side."

I was wondering whether that means the Impetuous Movement takes place IN ADDITION TO (& just before) the first Activation of that side or INSTEAD of the first Activation.

For example, assuming the Impetuous side is player B & the other side, player A, has initiative is the Activation sequence:

(1) Player A first activation, Player B impetuous movement, Player B first 'voluntary' activation, Player A second activation

or

(2) Player A first activation, Player B impetuous movement, Player A second activation, Player B first 'voluntary' activation, Player A third activation?

Unless I hear otherwise, I'll be using option (1) where the Impetuous Movement is IN ADDITION TO the first 'voluntary' activation.

What do you guys think?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Nagel
United States
Burlington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben,

You've got it right. It's all part of the same turn for the active player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.