Hans Wurat
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi as remarked in the topic i have 2 questions:

1. If you have a juggernaut who gets +1 armor every time he gets hit by a rocket, does he get +2 schield if he gets hit by the 5 damage rocket (advanced ability of the rocketeer).
In addition i always asked myself wether the shield bonus is added after the damage of the rocket or directly when the rocket hits and the damage for this turn ist calculated. Could make a big difference.

2. The internal threat "nuclear bomb" (i hope this is the englisch term, cause i only have the german game) says that 3 people have to use a "C-aktion" at the same time to defuse it.
But in the expansion set there is the advanced ability of the mechanic which says to repair 2x A,B, C ,whatever is needed. Do you still need 3 people to defuse the bomb or will it in that case be sufficient that on player uses this card and another one uses a regular "C-Aktion-Card".

Regards

Hans

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Dreger
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) My interpretation is that it would be +2 shield points. It says each time it's hit by a rocket (not each turn it is hit by a rocket), and it's being hit by two. For the second part, you add the shield points after damage has been calculated that turn.

2) It seems the spirit of the card is that 3 players need to do the action in the same turn, so the super C ability would not help. I think this because it only has 1 hit point. It it had 3 hit points I would say the super C ability would do something. That's my take.

anyone else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
homedrone wrote:
2) It seems the spirit of the card is that 3 players need to do the action in the same turn, so the super C ability would not help. I think this because it only has 1 hit point. It it had 3 hit points I would say the super C ability would do something. That's my take.

anyone else?

The other option is to look at the graphics: CCC. At the time it was made,
a) There was no ability for a single player to hit CC, so the text was merely clarifying what "CCC" entails, and
b) There was no concept of inaccessibility, or it simply would have been written as a 1 HP 2 shield threat.

I think it's somewhat ambiguous but I lean towards allowing the CC card to count double.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Wurat
Germany
flag msg tools
homedrone wrote:
1) My interpretation is that it would be +2 shield points. It says each time it's hit by a rocket (not each turn it is hit by a rocket), and it's being hit by two. For the second part, you add the shield points after damage has been calculated that turn.

Thanks for clearifying. I agree with this one. Addionaly i found out that i just misread a sentence in the rulebook where they say : "These 2 rockets move just as one" and misinterpreted it as "behave as one rocket". This is what brought up the question.

2.) Here i am not sure. If i just read what the card is saying i have to agree with homedrone.
But i also interpreted it the way sevenspirit did, so im am not sure how to use. I think i also will use it the way he recommended unless some officials definititly say it wasn't meant to be used that way.
(The inaccessibility argument just got me, because it seems that was just what they wanted to model)

Thanks anyways both of you guys

Hans

PS: Further interpretations and especially official statements are still welcome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Dreger
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I think I would allow the Special C action to count for two just for the fact that it's using a special card. It should get some special benefit in the role it's meant to be used.

The inaccessibility thing is a good argument for it as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Jason. Unless they errata the old card to have inaccessibility, I'd let the Mechanic ability count for two. Lord knows it's a pretty piss-poor specialization as it is, I see no reason to nerf it in the few situations it'd be useful in.

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Wurat
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi guys,

i have another question concerning the interceptors (with variable range) and some special abilities. There are 3 abilities where you can do something not being in the station where you have to do it normally
1.) wiggle mouse
2.) load big middle reactor (zone white)
3.) shoot rocket

My question ist: Are you allowed to use these actions while using the interceptors?
If you say yes: What happens? Do you stay on the same range? Do get one distance back to the ship, as if you play no card.
If you say no: is it possible to use 1.) or 3.) to get one distance further away from the ship?

I myself think, that you are just not allowed to use either of these three cards and you just get delays till you have landed, but i also want to hear your opinion on this.

Regards

Hans

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would agree. The rules specifically say that only C or Battlebots does anything useful out in space.

The only person in the interceptors should be the guy with Squad Leader, anyhow.

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Wurat
Germany
flag msg tools
Playing some games tonight we got to another question concerning the behemoth. Its written on the card, that inceptors to 9 damage instead of 3, but what happens if there is more than one threat in range of interceptors (on different trajectories). Do they only do one damage to the behemoth or still 9 or something between those values.

I hope i don't anoy you with that many questions and thanks for your help so far.

Hans

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moisés Solé
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The interceptors would do 1 damage to the Behemoth in that case. They only deal 9 damage when it is the only target. On the plus side, you are not knocked out if Behemoth is not the only target.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fractal Energy
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
referee wrote:
The interceptors would do 1 damage to the Behemoth in that case. They only deal 9 damage when it is the only target. On the plus side, you are not knocked out if Behemoth is not the only target.

Yes, I flew a mission once where this little fact saved the entire crew (on accident)! You should read it on the sessions board laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Wurat
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi playing today we got 2 new questions. I hope i did not just miss this while reading the rules.

1. Intercpetors: It says you do 3 damage to a threat if there is only one in the range zone you are at a certain turn. (Lets say range 1)
It is clear to me that you do only 1 damage to each trajectory if there are 2 or more on different trajectories in range. But what happens if there are for example 2 threats in range 1 on the blue trajectory(in general 2 on same/none on the other two). Do they both get 3 damage, both get 1 oder the first one gets 3 damage and the second none?
And additionally if you are in range 1 do alle ships get one damage or only the closest ones. (for example 2threats in blue range 1 and 2 threats in red range 1.all 1 damage or only 1 damage to the two closer ones)

2. Pulse Canon: This one hits all three trajectories, but do you only hit the first target or every target in range. Same example as above if you have 2 threats on the same trajectory in range 1 or 2. This would seem logic because it is a pulse weapon, but i am not sure.

Regards Hans

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Think of it like this. If the interceptors can focus fire on one target, they can do a lot more damage (3), but if they have to split the damage between more than one target, no matter which trajectory or trajectories, it will only be 1 damage.

2. It's a pulse cannon. It pulses. Therefore, it hits everything within range 2. It's like a space energy grenade...pulse thing.

Cameron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Wurat
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi Cameron,

thank you for your answer. But for me there is still a Probleme with question one. I agree with your focus fire argumentation and they that have to split if there is more than one target. Looking at the game i see there are interceptors (good reason to do 3 damage to one single opponent). But if there are only 2 threats its not logic they only get 1 damage because one could be hit by two interceptors. Addiotionally it would not be logic if there are 4 threats in range, that they all get 1 damage because as mentionend there are 3 interceptors.

So to conclude and make sure i get your answer right. You say there are 2 cases:
1. Only one threat in range => focus fire and 3 damage.
2. At least 2 threats in range no matter if they are on the same or on different trajectories => split interceptors so 1 damage to all of them. So even if there might be 5 threats (no too realistic but could happen) for example 2 in blue 2 in red 1 in white, they all get one damage.

Regards Hans

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. I think the record is four threats at once for us. It wasn't planned really, we were only counting on one damage for the threat we needed it on.

Then there are the times when you thought you were going to do 3 damage w/ the interceptors but you miscalculated a threat on a different trajectory...and only end up doing 1...

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.