Subject: Prophecy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
michel guam
Canada
montreal
quebec
flag msg tools
After completing a prophecy, Is it discarded or it goes back in the poll of prophecy's not use for the next campaigns?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pokey 64
United States
Niagara Falls
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The setup rules for each campaign have you start fresh, drawing from all available prophecy chits.

Each chit in the campaign that is used goes back to the cup to be used again for the next campaign setup.

When a prophecy is completed, there is no need to keep it on the turn track (especially if you finish it early) it goes back to the cup. There is no reason to keep a completed prophecy chit on the turn track. To keep it there invites error (I did complete that last turn, didn't I?)

I believe the word "discard" is used to mean "remove the chit from the map". Only the prophecy chits that are not encountered (avoided by not entering the region) will be on the map at the end of the campaign. The shunned, failed and completed prophecy chits are "discarded" (removed from the map or turn track) immediately for bookkeeping purposes. You don't want them on the map or turn track if they've been used up anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Boucharelis
Greece
Drama
Macedonia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
ubi bene ibi patria // vidi perfutui veni
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, i understand that the rulebook dosent say that the prophecies are returned to the box for the rest of the campaign as it is stated at the insights section but here is my thought:

we have 8 prophecies, on the 4 maps we have

2 at Granicus
1 at Issus
1 at Tyre
2 at Gaugamela

that makes a total of 6 used prophecies and 2 unused, so it is clear to me (since thematically speaking a prophecy is told only once) that they are permanently discarded for the rest of the campaign.
One more point is that if you are extremely unlucky you might loose 3 advisors due to "THE SERPENT" prophecy [discard permanently 1 advisor].

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.