Recommend
11 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

The Things» Forums » General

Subject: Remove the following "Things" cards - if you want to play 2-4 players. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is just a quick guide informing you of which cards to remove from which deck if you're just playing a 2-4 player game, and ordinarily have all 54 Things expansion cards mixed in.


1. Remove all the Suspicion cards.

2. Remove all the Thing action cards.

3. Remove the Bad Blood card.

4. Remove the Thousand Miles to the Coast card.

5. Remove the Somebody blew out a fuse in the lab event.


The Thing decks

No cards need to be removed!


Outpost deck #1

Remove the following:

"Maybe they found a fossil..."
"So how's this motherfucker wake up..."
"This thing doesn't want to show itself..."
"It's alright by me, Doc..."
"Blair, I'd like you to start an autopsy..."
"Clark - did you notice..."
"I ain't going with Windows."

Outpost deck #2

No cards need to be removed!

Outpost deck #3

Remove the Norwegian sniper in helicopter card.



4 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McKendrick
United Kingdom
Glasgow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks for this Mark. Great wee game btw
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel B
France
Paris
flag msg tools
I'm just a villager! Believe me!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I count 24 cards in the inventory above.

Does that mean that, from the 54-cards "The Things" deck, 30 of them can/should be included even in 2-4 player games ?

Thanks.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mb
Indeed! is this correct?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bohm
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
manur wrote:
I count 24 cards in the inventory above.

Does that mean that, from the 54-cards "The Things" deck, 30 of them can/should be included even in 2-4 player games ?

Thanks.


Yugblad wrote:

The Thing decks

No cards need to be removed!




One of the tricky "things" about this game is the many different types of cards. All of the cards removed are removed from different places aside from "The Thing" deck. If you're having trouble identifying one card set from another, I put some picture examples in my rulebook in the download section.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
manur wrote:
I count 24 cards in the inventory above.

Does that mean that, from the 54-cards "The Things" deck, 30 of them can/should be included even in 2-4 player games ?

Thanks.


Yes.


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neko flying
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If I understand correctly, with the new Director's Cut rules

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/59029/thing-card-game-rule...

this post should be amended as follows:


Yugblad wrote:
This is just a quick guide informing you of which cards to remove from which deck if you're just playing a 2-4 player game, and ordinarily have all 54 Things expansion cards mixed in.


1. Remove all the Suspicion cards.

2. Remove all the Thing action cards.

3. Remove the Bad Blood card.

4. Remove the Thousand Miles to the Coast card.

5. Remove the Somebody blew out a fuse in the lab event.



The Thing decks

No cards need to be removed!



Outpost deck #1

No cards need to be removed!

Remove the following:

"Maybe they found a fossil..."
"So how's this motherfucker wake up..."
"This thing doesn't want to show itself..."
"It's alright by me, Doc..."
"Blair, I'd like you to start an autopsy..."
"Clark - did you notice..."
"I ain't going with Windows."






Outpost deck #2

No cards need to be removed!



Outpost deck #3

No cards need to be removed!

Remove the Norwegian sniper in helicopter card.


2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Cordell
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
flying_neko wrote:
If I understand correctly, with the new Director's Cut rules

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/59029/thing-card-game-rule...

this post should be amended as follows:


Yugblad wrote:
This is just a quick guide informing you of which cards to remove from which deck if you're just playing a 2-4 player game, and ordinarily have all 54 Things expansion cards mixed in.


1. Remove all the Suspicion cards.

2. Remove all the Thing action cards.

3. Remove the Bad Blood card.

4. Remove the Thousand Miles to the Coast card.

5. Remove the Somebody blew out a fuse in the lab event.



The Thing decks

No cards need to be removed!



Outpost deck #1

No cards need to be removed!

Remove the following:

"Maybe they found a fossil..."
"So how's this motherfucker wake up..."
"This thing doesn't want to show itself..."
"It's alright by me, Doc..."
"Blair, I'd like you to start an autopsy..."
"Clark - did you notice..."
"I ain't going with Windows."






Outpost deck #2

No cards need to be removed!



Outpost deck #3

No cards need to be removed!

Remove the Norwegian sniper in helicopter card.




I just ordered The Thing plus The Things from Artscow and was going to ask for clarification regarding this. Are the Director's Cut rules the way to go?

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed!


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Cordell
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Evans
United States
stroudsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So with the directors cut rules playing with the expansion, we end up adding more multiplayer infection cards. So in a 4 player game would we remove the extra cards added by the expansion and then follow the rules listed to populate the thing deck #1 so we only have a max of 3 cards?



thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.