Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
There's quite a few talks on trictrac.net about it, first reviews are pretty enthusiastic. This might be a future hit.
From what I've seen, the cards are not language independant, there's a wee bit of text. Nothing terrible, mostly flavor text, and sometimes 1 line of specific rule.
The game is not released yet, some early copies have been been available during a french game fair, and preorders should be shipped end of march. So I guess you'll have to wait a bit for anyone upping a translation...

It's a newborn publisher, so I don't think they'll release an english version soon, but if the games sells well in French-speaking countries, why not?

EDIT : on the game's website there's a flash tutorial that gives an idea of how the game plays & looks (tuto's in french but pretty clear IMO) .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy is coming tommorow (I preorderd it) and I've already read (and learnt) the rules. Basically it sounds smashing.
Artwork is brilliant, game design is good.
Expect a fun, atmosphere centered game, it clearly is no Wallace or Knizia but it looks like a pile of good fun to be having!!
Anyway it really looks gorgeous on the paper (and the paper tells it all, or very close to, when it's a rule book doesn't it?)
Can't wait to try it with me wife (she's a great zombies fan too)!

Plus I think it's gonna be a game of choice after a "walking dead night" (TV show first, this game, the comics before you go to bed, dream of zombies XD)

edit to answer the question more accurately
Mild language dependance is to be expected (especially for the flav which is delightful
I think it's gonna take a long a long time for it to be transalted since it's a very indy structure but some BGG translationsould do the trick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
Game has arrived: the game looks gorgeous and the flav text alone is worth the price (only joking but still...)
I'll be trying it this week end and I'll sure post a review as soon as I've played my five games (I never review a game without at least five games played, that's my rule and some people out there should adopt the same one XD)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks very cool and fun! thumbsup
I am now also petitioning for an English version.

Best wishes. Hope it gets international attention/releases and you sell a bazillion copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gaudé
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all.
I've posted severals pictures of the material. Very cool stuff !
Quite immersive game mechanic.
I'll probably translate the french rules into english for posterity...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cimex 188
Sweden
Köping
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to order this game from their site, wich was also all in french, using google translate i got as far as to the shipping part, then i noticed that there was no worldwide shipping.

Anyway i'm gonna get this game one way or another so i hope you still work on the translate of the rules Guillaume hehe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Lacson
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just stumbled across the game from Hem's youtube channel.

+1 for worldwide shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland W. est. 1984
Germany
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please translate and ship to germany

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hill
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also love to have an english version of this game.
The artwork is AWESOME!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Nehring
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Does anyone know if I can order it in the US or from Canada?
I just found it and would love to get it as a Christmas gift for my wife (who is looking for more fun conversational French practice).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Larry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
It's OOP but I think some french online stores still have copies (check philibert, ludikbazar, lodocortex, for example).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.