Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure I have read this somewhere but I can not find an answer to it, in all the games of Thunderstone I have played this has not come up until today.

Can you enter the dungeon if you have NO Heroes and NO spells in your hand?I'm sure I have read something that indicates that you can only go to the dungeon if you have either a Hero or a Spell in your hand.

The situation that arose was that Matt had 2 Border Guards in his hand and wanted to go to the Dungeon and to see if drew a Spell or Hero, we allowed it, however I had in the back of my mind that this was not allowed. He did infact Draw 2 Heroes, allowing him to take a monster down.

If he had not of drawn a hero or a spell, he would still have had 2 attack from the Border Guards.Does the fact the Border Guard is a Mercenary, are Mercenaries counted as Heroes for the purpose of entering the Dungeon?

Thanks
Andy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peltazoid wrote:
Can you enter the dungeon if you have NO Heroes and NO spells in your hand?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that clarification,

It still strikes me as odd as if you have No Heroes and No Spells then you can not attack anything as you have nothing to attack with.

You could enter the Dungeon with No Heroes and No Spells to attack a difficult monster who destroys 1 hero at the end of battle, now since you don't have any hero's you send in straight to the bottom without worrying at all. That seems wrong somehow.

On the flip side as I mentioned above I also see how if you have a bunch of draw 1 card Dungeon effects then you could enter the Dungeon to speculate to see if you do get a Hero or Spell to use.

Thanks.
Andy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wootton
Scotland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Think of it as though you are the leader of a band of adventurers. You can go in without companions if you choose, in the hope that others may follow you later - with the right orders sent back via a couple of mercenaries. If they don't show, then both you and the monster beat a hasty retreat in mutual respect.

In the same way you can go in there armed with nothing but half a dozen Fireballs

The simulation logic always breaks down at some point, but that is a reasonable summary I think.

You are the leader, the planner, the strategist, the logistics person. The others are the muscle!

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.