BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » Wales

Subject: All Day Gaming! Saturday 2nd of April! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lianne Wilson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
WHEN: 9am until 10pm on Saturday the 2nd of April
WHERE: 4th Floor (Aneirin Bevan room) of Cardiff University Students' Union on Park Place
WHAT: All Day Gaming. Board games, card games, roleplaying scenarios and small-scale wargaming on a casual basis throughout the day.

Hi there! It's Lianne, the Events Officer of Cardiff RAWSOC (Roleplaying and Wargaming Society), again. We're having a gaming day soon that I'd like to invite you all to.

We usually hold dedicated roleplaying, boardgaming or wargaming days separately but have decided to merge them all into a general gaming day in order to fit everything in before Easter.

We'll have plenty of board games (including Race for the Galaxy, Ascension, Betrayal at the House on the Hill, Red Dragon Inn, etc.), but feel free to bring some things along as well. We'll also have some small wargames (MechWarrior, Pocket Battles). Roleplaying scenarios currently being suggested include Pathfinder and Call of Cthulhu and I might well run Hellcats & Hockeysticks.

We also hope to have cakes and a raffle on the day.

You DO NOT NEED to be a student, a member of the society or a Cardiff-resident to come a long. Just come along and enjoy yourselves.

We're asking a small admission fee to cover the costs of the society, as follows:

Members: FREE!
Students and other concessions such as unemployed: £1
Other: £2

Alternatively, if you want to, you can join the society on the day (you DO NOT NEED to be a student to join) for £2 students and £4 non-students, which means you'll be able to attend events like this (which we hold regularly) for free in future.

Please feel free to ask any questions here or on our forum, which you can also visit for further details and to see other events we run.

Hope some of you can make it! See you there.
Lianne.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Battiscombe
Wales
Cardiff
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I've not been to the students union before and I just wanted to find out if the entrance was on Plas-y-Parc or on Woodville Road?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Miller
Wales
Swansea
Neath Port Talbot
flag msg tools
badge
I iz a soot sprite.
mbmbmbmbmb
PhoenixTheBlack09 wrote:
Hi

I've not been to the students union before and I just wanted to find out if the entrance was on Plas-y-Parc or on Woodville Road?

Thanks

The main entrance is on Plas y Parc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lianne Wilson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Sorry for the slow-ish reply, been very busy organising!

But yes, as Welshmilla says, the main entrance is on Plas-y-Parc/Park Place. Past the reception desk in the main entrance is the stairwell and you want to follow that to the top floor. When you get to the top of the stairs, take a right through the doors and immediately right through another set of doors. This is a corridor with several conference rooms, we'll be in the big one right at the end of the corridor.

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.